Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tinkering.....Again.

3 posters

Go down

Tinkering.....Again. Empty Tinkering.....Again.

Post  Hammy Wed 10 Jul 2013, 5:33 pm

Have ordered the pairs block off kit from Dale Walker. Already have the hose blocked off but when I was installing the PC III I was thinking how untidy and cluttered the top of the engine looks under the tank. So 90 odd bucks is not too much to tidy it up.  Has anyone fitted the Dale Walker kit ?  and is there any advise that they would wish to share.  Looks like a pretty simple task and gets rid of all that unnessacery junk.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Tinkering.....Again. Empty Re: Tinkering.....Again.

Post  barry_mcki Wed 10 Jul 2013, 11:26 pm

It's a pretty simple mod, and as you say, cleans up the top of the motor of a lot of pipes and junk.  I left all the fairings on, the only hassle I had and it was minor, was getting to the right bolt on the right hand plate, ended up using a hex key socket on a small ratchet drive.  The other thing was the plate the resistor is mounted on, to get it to sit straight I need to cut a small section of the bottom.  Otherwise a very quick mod, stopped all the decel popping.

Tinkering.....Again. Img_1311
Tinkering.....Again. Img_1310

I got to clean up the gasket goo one of these days.  Embarassed

Tinkering.....Again. Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 11 Jul 2013, 8:31 am

Cheers Barry.  Do you recommend using gasket goo on the plates ?  Have also got to help my mate John with his Trumpy. He put aftermarket pipes on it but it pops and  has a small flat spot just off idle. The shop where he bought it told him that the secondary trick and pairs block off will fix it. BUT. They would not do it while it was still under new bike warranty. Will have to fix it up before the "Big Event ". ( Cowra trip ).
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Thu 11 Jul 2013, 6:44 pm

Hammy wrote:Cheers Barry.  Do you recommend using gasket goo on the plates ?  Have also got to help my mate John with his Trumpy. He put aftermarket pipes on it but it pops and  has a small flat spot just off idle. The shop where he bought it told him that the secondary trick and pairs block off will fix it. BUT. They would not do it while it was still under new bike warranty. Will have to fix it up before the "Big Event ". ( Cowra trip ).

I have done that mod.  You don't need gasket goo.
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Thu 11 Jul 2013, 8:01 pm

I haven't heard of anyone having issues with the MM plates on any of the Bandit sites I visit, so just put it down to me being overly cautious.

As there are no fluids or high pressure involved with the block-off plates you probably don't really need anything, however I felt a little uncertain with just two bolts in opposite corners and the heat that is generated in this part of the motor, just a little bit of insurance just in case.

Tinkering.....Again. Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down