Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hepco Becker make good luggage.

4 posters

Go down

Hepco Becker make good luggage. Empty Hepco Becker make good luggage.

Post  NTBill Sun 07 Jul 2013, 3:40 pm

Joined some friends for a run out the Arnhem highway to the Bark Hut for some brekky this morning. Nice run out across some good topend  wetlands. Sat on or slightly above the speed limit the whole way (130km/h) All good till I got there and went to grab the wallet out of the top box. Top box was gone....One of those moments where you say to yourself WTF? Was it on when I left? Yes it was. 

I realised straight away that I'd fucked up. I'd put the top box on getting ready for the ride (had 1/2 hours notice) but then realised I'd left the keys in the house. Got distracted for a few minutes indoors then went and jumped on the bike and off to meet the other 4. I FORGOT TO KEY LOCK THE BOX ONTO THE RACK. I was last in the group for the 100km run out and so it had come off somewhere in that distance at speed. Wallet, iPhone, puncture repair kit, some tools,  stubby cooler, occy straps and duct tape had all been happily secured away within it. I wished my friends a happy brekky and backtracked with eyes on stalks. 

55km back I saw it laying in the bush on the side of the road, all in tact, contents secure but looking like a crash scene inside.

All things considered it fared pretty well. Still useable and only one lock buggered a bit.  I'm in the habit of always locking at least one of the locks in case I have an off etc....if it hadn't been locked it would have flung open I reckon as the unlocked side had come loose.

Ended up having a good brekky after all. I've had this H&B luggage for 5 years now but this was its toughest test so far and it passed well (despite the best owner stupidity I could throw at it)

Hepco Becker make good luggage. D2c5d32f1abd765be7056c32f12b99fa

Hepco Becker make good luggage. 98ca4f6fb21882192230101c0675713d
Hepco Becker make good luggage. 0856636061e0ad1cd6601070b46cefa9

Hepco Becker make good luggage. 7abca726f51dfb04c3aae6fa4e8367b1

Back to top Go down

Hepco Becker make good luggage. Empty Re: Hepco Becker make good luggage.

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 07 Jul 2013, 5:39 pm

Mate - there must be product reviews available without feeling you need to do your own tests! Razz 

Seriously, I'm amazed at just how little damage was actually done.  The SV I was going to buy in MLB had H&B panniers and they really did look like quality stuff.  Bet you don't do that again.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Sun 07 Jul 2013, 10:33 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:Mate - there must be product reviews available without feeling you need to do your own tests! Razz 

Seriously, I'm amazed at just how little damage was actually done.  The SV I was going to buy in MLB had H&B panniers and they really did look like quality stuff.  Bet you don't do that again.

Yeah....I won't do it again.Embarassed  In hindsight I'm probably lucky I was last in the group with bugger all traffic on the road. A rolling bouncing top box at 130 isn't something another rider needs ahead of them on a pleasant Sunday morning:affraid: . 

Must admit,I was surprised it was still all locked up when I found it.  I was thinking id be looking for contents to lead me to where it might of been hiding cos I was sure it'd get flung open.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazza's Back Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:03 pm

You may be able to improve the appearance of the damaged plastic as per this link from the Toyota Kluger forum.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61-2nd-generation-2005/189055-interior-scratches-fixed-before-after-pics.html
Gazza's Back
Gazza's Back

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:05 am

I reckon it was the speed that saved it, like a skipping a flat stone across water. It. Skimmed across the road to land nicely in the bush.
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  NTBill Sat 17 Aug 2013, 8:30 am

Thanks for the link Gazza. My daughter says she quite likes the look of the scuffing. She says it provides some "character scars".... I'm not so sure I agree. I haven't done anything to try and clean them up yet and it gets used every day but I'll give a little heat a try when I do.

Jim you might be right about the speed. The ride was the day before the govt permanently reduced the speed limit from 130km/h to 100 on the Arnhem highway.  I've lost some points recently so was sitting on an indicated 140 - 145 (about 130 in real life).  But it obviously got a tumble and a bounce up. The forces must have been pretty high. EVERYTHING had come out of my wallet within the box including credit cards from those tight wallet sleeves. It was a crash scene inside.  One of life's funny little lessons that could have been not so funny if the newbie on her shiny new Harley had been behind me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down