Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement Seat

+4
GGiant
barry_mcki
madmax
vitesse
8 posters

Go down

Replacement Seat Empty Replacement Seat

Post  vitesse Mon 10 Jun 2013, 5:29 am

Hi all, my back and rear end are telling me I need to replace the standard seat on my gsx 1250 fa with something a bit more suited for long distance work. Last weekend I covered 600km's in Belgian and Luxembourg Ardennes and I was a wreck afterwards. I had a gel seat on my last bike and it was great. I've noticed many members have replaced their seat with a Sargent and seem very happy with it. Does the Sargent seat for the 1250 Bandit fit the gsx 1250 fa? Also has anyone tried the Corbin seat for the same bike?
cheers

vitesse

Back to top Go down

Replacement Seat Empty Re: Replacement Seat

Post  madmax Mon 10 Jun 2013, 7:21 am

vitesse wrote:Hi all, my back and rear end are telling me I need to replace the standard seat on my gsx 1250 fa with something a bit more suited for long distance work. Last weekend I covered 600km's in Belgian and Luxembourg Ardennes and I was a wreck afterwards. I had a gel seat on my last bike and it was great. I've noticed many members have replaced their seat with a Sargent and seem very happy with it. Does the Sargent seat for the 1250 Bandit fit the gsx 1250 fa? Also has anyone tried the Corbin seat for the same bike?
cheers

Yes the Sargent seat does fit the GSX, I've got one on mine. Very happy with it, far superior to the standard seat.

Can't comment on the Corbin except to say they look even better than the Sargent. I believe Barry_Mcki got a Corbin on his outfit.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Mon 10 Jun 2013, 9:38 am

Yes the OEM is fairly hard for longer trips, the Holeshot Corbin seat sold through Dale Walker in the US is a very good alternative. So much so that the AirHalk I bought after my first long trip hasn't been fitted since I got the Corbin. There was a discussion on this thread recently about this seat along with a photo or two. The newer GSX has the same frame as the older bike so there should be no hassles fitting it, check with Dale first, he answers every email.

There is a small note on Dale's site about the seat not fitting some bikes with Givi top boxes, I've got the largest Givi box made and there is no problems, I think this refers to some of the the cross-over 06 Bandits.

And I agree, they are one of the best looking seats out there Very Happy

Replacement Seat Img_2611

Replacement Seat Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  GGiant Wed 18 Dec 2013, 9:29 am

The AIRHAWK 2 is fantastic. Best $140 I've spent on my Bandit.
It's not a replacement seat obviously but has made 400km day rides easy on my butt - sore butt is not an issue now.

Back to top Go down

Replacement Seat Empty Replacement seat

Post  Tony G Tue 24 Dec 2013, 9:22 pm

Hi all,
Had my 1250fa seat modified by MJM motorcycle seats at Goulburn NSW. Mick who is the owner down there is a great bloke to have a yarn about your seat,  a mate had Mick remanufacture his seat and was very happy. He will custom redesign your seat to accommodate both rider and pillion reshape and recover it. Had mine done can ride until I need fuel now its great.

Tony G

http://goodlets1@bigpond.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Wed 25 Dec 2013, 6:56 am

Tony G wrote:Hi all,
Had my 1250fa seat modified by MJM motorcycle seats at Goulburn NSW. Mick who is the owner down there is a great bloke to have a yarn about your seat,  a mate had Mick remanufacture his seat and was very happy. He will custom redesign your seat to accommodate both rider and pillion reshape and recover it. Had mine done can ride until I need fuel now its great.

What sort of dollars to get the seat done by Mick?
Half keen to have a go at doing it myself but if it is a reasonable price,  why not get it done professionally. 
Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post  niftee Wed 25 Dec 2013, 11:33 pm

Bosco15 wrote:
Tony G wrote:Hi all,

What sort of dollars to get the seat done by Mick?
Half keen to have a go at doing it myself but if it is a reasonable price,  why not get it done professionally. 
Thanks.

I had my seat done by Mick at MJM as well. I can do long stretches on this seat very easily, it is so comfortable. I paid about $380.00 and it was worth it.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 26 Dec 2013, 8:00 am

I paid about $150 to have my seat redone by John Moorehouse. " Ergo Seats " . Fantastic result and now that it has had well over the 1000 km wear in period it is as good as I would want it.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down