Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New appreciation of my Bandit

+3
2wheelsagain
Ewok1958
Jimcoleman
7 posters

Go down

New appreciation of my Bandit  Empty New appreciation of my Bandit

Post  Jimcoleman Sun 07 Apr 2013, 2:14 pm

Well i have bitching about how shit the suspension is on my bandit, handlings a bit hows your mother and way to heavy. Anyway i have been sniffing around looking at the tiger 1050 se or the ktm 990smt. Yesterday i had a opportunity to ride a tiger, nice and light, comphy seat, ride angle nice, like all the instruments, a cable clutch thats a bit old hat, ok it works off i go, mmmmm throw it into a couple of twistie corners, i am liking this. Brakes work well, get to a bit high speed stuff, crack the throttle top gear to round up a car. Where did the power go ???
Ok back a gear maybe one more tacho lifts to where my bandit rarely needs to be for this manouver and off it goes, mmmm does 200cc and one cyclinder mean that much !

So be a bit of a big bloke does this mean ill be ringing the guts out of it two up and loaded . On this basis i going to try the 2013 tiger 1050 sport next time i am in canberra .

But for the moment i am prepared to turn a blind eye to suspension deficiencies and smile as i smoke dicks trumpy

Jim
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

New appreciation of my Bandit  Empty Re: New appreciation of my Bandit

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 07 Apr 2013, 4:11 pm

Now I see why you stopped - a bike swap at the bridge?
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 07 Apr 2013, 4:49 pm

Mate no one complains about the budget quality of the B1250 as me but every time I make it home from a trip to Melb and back in the same day I fall in love with it again.
It shits me thay a bike as basic as a Bandit does what it's designed to do so well.

Why dont you look at a FZ1 or Z1000 if the Trumpy lacks something. Both bikes are far better built than the Suzuki offering but you might be expecting too much after being a bit spoilt.

Note: Im glad I don't do a suburban commute on the B1250 every day (its better at this than the FZ though) but for the odd occasion im battling tin tops its torque is brilliant. A big chookie would be my preferred choice in that environment.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 07 Apr 2013, 5:45 pm

Triumph 1050 motor is boring... Under seat exhausts are a stupid idea and it doesn't handle as well as you'd think. That's why I bought a Bandit and not a spint st to start with.

The 675 goes well though, triumph need to make the 1050 more of a motor.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 07 Apr 2013, 7:40 pm

That's interesting ,I found the 1050 motor boring as well.Plenty of power but it was like a sewing machine , just not enjoyable "pants on fire " type of power .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  potatomasher Mon 08 Apr 2013, 5:45 pm

honestly if you get the suspension fixed [harder springs and softer compression in the front and a good valve in the rear] it makes a huge difference

https://www.youtube.com/user/potatomasher100?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  jgs9000 Tue 09 Apr 2013, 12:45 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:
Why dont you look at a FZ1 or Z1000 if the Trumpy lacks something. Both bikes are far better built than the Suzuki offering but you might be expecting too much after being a bit spoilt.

I rode an FZ1 when I was shopping before ultimately buying my Bandit. The FZ1 is mental by comparison - highly strung and on edge. The Bandit
is so much more laid-back and effortless. I guess some people like being on-edge 24/7, but I love the Bandit's totally relaxed capability, Just leave
it in top, crack the throttle as needed, and enjoy the scenery...

But I am saving to get the suspension sorted ...
jgs9000
jgs9000

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 09 Apr 2013, 12:51 pm

jgs9000 wrote:
2wheelsagain wrote:

I rode an FZ1 when I was shopping before ultimately buying my Bandit. The FZ1 is mental by comparison - highly strung and on edge. The Bandit
is so much more laid-back and effortless. I guess some people like being on-edge 24/7, but I love the Bandit's totally relaxed capability, Just leave
it in top, crack the throttle as needed, and enjoy the scenery...

But I am saving to get the suspension sorted ...

Thats not how I would describe an FZ. They have a great top end but you dont have to ride them there.
The Bandit would win a top gear roll on from 100 to 120 but the FZ would beat it to 140

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down