Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seat Height question

+8
SuzySuzuki
Ewok1958
2wheelsagain
paul
Kiwisteve
madmax
Tsim
Eukol
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

seat - Seat Height question - Page 2 Empty Seat Height question

Post  Eukol Thu 07 Mar 2013, 6:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm thinking of getting a 1250S Bandit, but on a test ride found the leg length a bit cramped (I'm on a XT660 motard now). I really love my motard, but it needs another 1-3 cylinders and another cog in the gearbox - I really want something that is going to cruise easy on the freeway (my hand was numb for a week after a 1000km round trip). I know I could get a touring motard (KTM990SMT, even the Benelli TreK), but the bandit is some bike for the money (nearly half the money). The riding position is the only thing that I'm unsure about - the thing I love most about my bike.

I know that the seat height can be adjusted up/down by 20mm, and I asked the shop what position the saddle was in. They said 'up', but they weren't anywhere near sure (or really cared?!). Looking at it, there didn't seem to be much space between the seat and the chassis rail, leading me to think it was actually in the 'down' position.

The first picture is the same position as the test bike's seat (I couldn't squeeze my thumb between the seat and rail). In the second picture, the seat seems to be higher (there's definitely more gap there):
seat - Seat Height question - Page 2 Php69thdJ
seat - Seat Height question - Page 2 I-zffpmct-L

Am I right?

I can go back feeling more confident when I say "no it's not - I want to try it in the 'up' position, thanks".

Otherwise the bike was excellent - didn't feel anywhere near it's weight - and that engine is amazing.

Eukol

Back to top Go down

seat - Seat Height question - Page 2 Empty Re: Seat Height question

Post  paul Thu 11 Sep 2014, 9:13 pm

Ghostbandit wrote:Yea my girl came with the seat in the lower position, does state in the owners manual that it's shipped in the lower position. I could do with it being a little lower but lol! Bloody ducks disease
So that would be a little lower " Butt " then  Laughing Laughing

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostbandit Thu 11 Sep 2014, 9:17 pm

paul wrote:
Ghostbandit wrote:Yea my girl came with the seat in the lower position, does state in the owners manual that it's shipped in the lower position. I could do with it being a little lower but lol! Bloody ducks disease
So that would be a little lower " Butt " then  Laughing Laughing
lol! lol!
Ghostbandit
Ghostbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  1wheeldrive Sun 14 Sep 2014, 8:48 am

1wheeldrive wrote:WOW, Thanks.

So Suzuki employed some German engineers for this little project to over engineer something that could have been really simple.  scratch

^^^^ Fricken whinger!

That was pretty easy, and free. Very Happy  Now it feels the lean forward is more pronounced. Will have to look into bar risers now....

Last edited by 1wheeldrive on Sun 14 Sep 2014, 8:52 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Bad spelling!)

1wheeldrive

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 14 Sep 2014, 12:43 pm

It is seriously pathetic that the adjustment procedure is not covered in the supplied manual, given that it requires no special tools.  It is also pathetic of the selling dealers not to discuss the matter with taller buyers and ask if they'd like it adjusted to the taller position, given the factory setting is the lower position.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 14 Sep 2014, 1:25 pm

Totally agree , and you can add suspension sag/ set up to suit the rider to that as well . Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Sun 14 Sep 2014, 3:21 pm

They (the Dealers) couldn't do that or we'd be charged a Pre-Delivery Fee, .....oh wait a second..... Crying or Very sad

seat - Seat Height question - Page 2 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2