Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dont order a Sergeant Seat through AMC in Australia

4 posters

Go down

seat - Dont order a Sergeant Seat through AMC in Australia Empty Dont order a Sergeant Seat through AMC in Australia

Post  ChrisMac Sat 12 Jan 2013, 1:11 pm

Having bought a Sergeant Seat for my DR 650 a few years ago, and knowing they are a great product, I wanted something similar for my Bandit.

I ordered a Sargent seat for my 2012 Bandit 1250S from AMC on 3 December 2012. Its now 12 January 2013 and if I hadn't rang them 3 times Id have no idea where the order is at EVEN THOUGH THEY TOOK HALF THE MONEY AS A DEPOSIT. They told me 3 -4 weeks and when i queried them in December they said early January 2013 latest. I rang them 2 days ago and they said 14 days from the states plus 3 - 4 days from them in Queensland. They even had the hide to blame Sergeant because they "shut down over Christmas you know".

That's at least 2 months to get a seat here. From an order placed on a web site which seems to suggest that they have them in stock.

Australia is the only country in the world Sergeant wont ship to direct because they have some deal with these people at AMC who have no idea what they are doing.

I wil NEVER do business with them again, I do not care if they are supposedly the only distributor in AUS. I am next writing to Sargent directly to tell them how pathetic AMC's service is. Im going to go with these solo dudes in the States direct. $100 cheaper and its here within 10 days. Wow.

Australian motorcycle distributors wonder why people go O/S. Look no further than this example.

At the same time I ordered my seat I placed an order for a new screen from Dale Walker at Holeshot. It was here in 6 days (not 6 business days, 6 DAYS). From the United States. Prompt, professional, helpful.

If I was this bad at my job I would've been sacked years ago.

ChrisMac
ChrisMac
ChrisMac

Back to top Go down

seat - Dont order a Sergeant Seat through AMC in Australia Empty Re: Dont order a Sergeant Seat through AMC in Australia

Post  Reardo Sat 12 Jan 2013, 4:47 pm

Yeah, some on here have had good service from them.
But there is a few of us on here that have had the same loooooooonnnnnnnnng wait.

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

seat - Dont order a Sergeant Seat through AMC in Australia Empty Re: Dont order a Sergeant Seat through AMC in Australia

Post  chips Sat 19 Jan 2013, 3:40 pm

Similar experience here......

Back to top Go down

Post  car_ham Sat 19 Jan 2013, 11:42 pm

I am one of those who have had nothing but great service from them, however I have also read a lot of threads about slow delivery with Sergeant seats, both here and other sites, the common issue is Sergeants, me thinks that may be were the problem lies.

BikesGSX1250FA - 2012, black with Beowulf oval carbon fibre exhaust, Renthal Ultra Low Black Bars, Geelong Carbon Craft Carbon Fibre tank guard, Speedo Healer,TRE, Brake Light Pro, Butterflies removed, Ventura rack
DRZ400 - 2008 - Safari Tank, bash plate, Pro Taper bars,
car_ham
car_ham

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down