Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raising the Seat

Go down

Raising the Seat Empty Raising the Seat

Post  1952 Sat 24 Apr 2010, 10:40 pm

With rain threatening, I decided to leave the unridden Bandit under the pergola and do a bit of simple modification. Being tallish, I wanted to raise the seat height - a Bandit feature I had seen explained on the Net sometime last year. Having the Workshop Manual available on this site [Thanks 2wheelsagain] I opened it to section 9D-9 Exterior Parts and set to it. I confess that it took me 15 mins to get the seat open Rolling Eyes because I thought it was side-hinged. Anyway, with a trusty 10mm ratchet socket and a large Phillips head screwdriver the whole process took about 20 mins. I learnt that the Manual didn't direct me to the correct nuts to undo when it came to seperating the front from the back of the seat - but a bit of common sense sorted that out. At the end it is important to reverse the rubber dampers 180 degrees when replacing them. Seat is now back in place and I can see that there is now a small gap between the front and back sections which wasn't there before.

Raising the Seat Th_SuzukiBanditseatreverseview

Back to top Go down