Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cancelled due to broken legs, details later.

+20
trip01
sb1250
gus
BoomGT
Kiwisteve
Four40
madmax
Hammy
Jimcoleman
Re-Cycled
Ewok1958
ausrock50
Kaupy1962
Reardo
paul
Baz
reddog
Ross.
chips
ThatOtherGuy
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cancelled due to broken legs, details later. Empty Cancelled due to broken legs, details later.

Post  ThatOtherGuy Sun 06 Jan 2013, 7:14 am

TOG Ride 20 January 2013

This is a medium pace ride. A medium Pace ride is where you can pass the ride leader to enjoy the roads and your bike, but you need to be aware of upcoming route requirements. If you make a wrong turn you are on your own.

This ride is also being organised on another forum. it is not an exclusive NSWBandit ride.

Ride leaves Dayboro skate park parking area, Mt Mee Road at 8:00am, 7:45am meet, greet and rider briefing.

There are only a few planned stopping points along the way, see below, but we will stop as required to regroup if we become too strung out. There are points along the way where we will be making turns. We will stop at all the major turns as required on the day, plus at times we will try to slow the ride down for turns so the group bunches up. Slower/less confident riders will be accommodated as we will regroup as required.

Stopping Points:
Dayboro at the skate bowl car park, also meeting point for riders coming from other directions;
Mary Cairncross Park for a toilet break and drink if you need it, there is a Cafe;
Mapleton BP for fuel stop (and split up if required) and toilet break (~180kms from Dayboro);
Montville Pub, Montville, stopping for lunch;
Mary Cairncross Park for a toilet break and drink if you need it, there is a Cafe;
Then back to Dayboro skate bowl car park arriving at about half past.

Route is shown from/to Dayboro.
The ride is around 300kms as shown taking approximately 5 hours excluding stops.
https://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=Dayboro+Pool+%26+Gym,+Williams+Street,+Dayboro,+Queensland&daddr=Mount+Mee,+Queensland+to:D'Aguilar,+Queensland+to:Wamuran,+Queensland+to:Newlands+Rd,+Wamuran,+Queensland+to:Scurr+Rd,+Wamuran,+Queensland+to:Beerburrum+Road,+Elimbah,+Queensland+to:Old+Gympie+Rd,+Beerburrum,+Queensland+to:Bald+Knob+Road,+Bald+Knob,+Queensland+to:Burnett+Lane,+Reesville,+Queensland+to:Booloumba,+Cambroon,+Queensland+to:kenilworth,+Queensland+to:Mapleton,+Queensland+to:Montville,+Queensland+to:Kirby+Road,+Palmwoods,+Queensland+to:Palmwoods,+Queensland+to:dent+park+to:Tunnel+Ridge+Road,+Mooloolah+Valley,+Queensland+to:Maleny-Stanley+River+Road,+Wootha,+Queensland+to:D'aguilar,+Queensland+to:Mount+Mee,+Queensland+to:Dayboro+Pool+%26+Gym,+Williams+Street,+Dayboro,+Queensland&hl=en&sll=-26.800094,152.816906&sspn=0.048878,0.098791&geocode=FfcIYf4dKPMbCSGO28hKk4eq0ylLpysGePiTazGO28hKk4eq0w%3BFT3IYv4dThgbCSk54ZvioA6UazGQkd7zWqMCBQ%3BFQE1ZP4dN4IbCSmryCkGtQqUazEght7zWqMCBQ%3BFUtnY_4dIX4cCSkFJy0QMfSTazGwnN7zWqMCBQ%3BFYXXY_4d0ascCSltpt9sJ_WTazEhnenaB3t_uw%3BFZc3ZP4dxugcCSmd1QLBO4uTazFjZy3kUjjyHQ%3BFZHvY_4dVsYdCSnp4fbXM_OTazEwde2vlIZhdQ%3BFVfrZP4dBVodCSkXsrBNEoyTazGd48uEI7NbNA%3BFXUBZ_4dqBYdCSk_6Cj6FoaTazHRN4OTffyVUQ%3BFZppZ_4dl1IbCSlzHIRqRniUazHm5Q_Z4V9olg%3BFXBaaf4dQLYZCSlZuy9kAX2UazFGHyg2u6E11w%3BFVswav4dUW8aCSkzINZgL36UazGQwt7zWqMCBQ%3BFWvBaf4df44cCSnN0pfbln-TazGwwt7zWqMCBQ%3BFY-_aP4d2_UcCSkpltgbB4GTazHwq97zWqMCBQ%3BFQ6CaP4dEk0dCSl3UVqre4GTazGQyBOIwv1KYw%3BFUXLaP4d4PUdCSmrx56dn3iTazHwrN7zWqMCBQ%3BFd2jZ_4dwGseCSGgaSLXW6MCDymvNse1n4STazGgaSLXW6MCDw%3BFTp1Z_4dZSkeCSlPYK459ISTazERfz9zidoOVw%3BFQNhZ_4d9McbCSnTjRNCFniUazFW7p1obH7F0A%3BFQE1ZP4dN4IbCSmryCkGtQqUazEght7zWqMCBQ%3BFT3IYv4dThgbCSk54ZvioA6UazGQkd7zWqMCBQ%3BFfcIYf4dKPMbCSGO28hKk4eq0ylLpysGePiTazGO28hKk4eq0w&t=h&mra=ls&z=10

Rider list of attendees:

Last edited by ThatOtherGuy on Fri 18 Jan 2013, 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Cancelled due to broken legs, details later. Empty Re: Cancelled due to broken legs, details later.

Post  chips Mon 07 Jan 2013, 1:16 pm

tempting, though not sure if I'll be in Brisbane on that date.

How many riders expected? I'm also not the biggest fan of a large riding group...

Back to top Go down

Cancelled due to broken legs, details later. Empty Re: Cancelled due to broken legs, details later.

Post  ThatOtherGuy Fri 18 Jan 2013, 10:06 am

Cancelled due to broken legs, details later.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross. Fri 18 Jan 2013, 12:20 pm

Hope you are ok mate?

Ross.

http://rossmz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:36 pm

Doesn't sound good. Hope you are okay and heal up fast.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross. Fri 18 Jan 2013, 4:05 pm

Cancelled due to broken legs, details later. Jake

Ross.

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Sat 19 Jan 2013, 4:31 pm

Just an update on my situation.

Sunday 6 January I was descending Mt Mee. I was involved in a head on collision with a
4WD. I am still unable to fully recall
the details of the incident. However
based on the information I am aware of I have some medical issues to investigate
that may have been contributing factors that I was unaware of.

Following an ambulance ride to RBH (helicopter unavailable)
throughout which I was completely conscious I arrived at RBH. From that point on I remember little for about
48 hours.

In that 48 hours I had emergency surgery 3 times over,
having my spleen removed (1), my left tibia and fibia “nailed” (2) and then
then further internal surgery (3) to stabilise internal injuries, kidney damage. Throughout which I was in an induced coma
state. I also have broken ribs on my left
side. I have another operation coming up
to rebuild my right leg as I have a broken right fibia tip and have torn every
ligament in my right knee. They have no
idea if they are rebuilding or replacing the ligaments just yet.

I spent 11 days in ICU due to post operative complications
which when finally resolved left me with a 6” hole in my abdomen which is going
to take about 3 weeks to close up, I have to stay in hospital for that whole
process. I think its called a “Vac
Dressing” and it looks like an alien could just jump straight out of the hole
in my abdomen.

Following this I have a long road to recovery, about 6 months
which will involve wheel chair and crutches, crutches/walking stick possibly for
life if the leg injury does not come good.
Anyone know how to make holders for motorbikes?

I have learned a lot in the last two weeks. I can tolerate pain, the Pain Management team
are surprised at how I refuse pain drugs, since I cannot tolerate most opiates,
it’s a fact of my life to be highly tolerant of pain. The physios are surprised that I am already
breathing deeper than most people do without broken ribs.

The surgeons here at RBH are not only class leading, but
world leading and they have a great sense of humour. My sincere thanks to them and all the teams
that back them up.

Leathers are bar none the best protection to have in an
accident, I will never ride in anything else ever again. I do not have a single external scratch from the
accident and the leather held my compound fractured left leg together. Full Face helmets are the only way to go.

My immediate family is brilliant in their support and of
course extended family/friends for being there when I needed them.

As for financial, there is nothing to worry about. Holiday leave is taking me through to 1 Feb
where my Income Protection kicks in at 90% for 2 years. My Loan insurance will cover repayments for
13 months. The bike is fully
comprehensively covered at agreed value plus extras. Financially I have no concerns to deal with. That’s why everyone should have insurance.

Thank you everyone for your concern. I cannot stay online long so if you wish to
contact me I may not be able to contact you back, I am at RBH, Ward 9A for now,
but will be moved after the next operation scheduled for early in the week.

Ride safe everyone.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Sat 19 Jan 2013, 5:03 pm

I hope it all turns out well for you, both physically and emotionally. I doubt at my age I would survive those kind of injuries.

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:41 pm

bloody hell , a bit more than broken legs ! ............sounds like you have a good attitude toward it though & I hope the rest all goes well for you ...............Paul

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:47 pm

tis but a mere flesh wound as the Black Knight would say.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 19 Jan 2013, 7:57 pm

lol! lol!

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross. Sat 19 Jan 2013, 8:37 pm

Go Steve Austin.

Mate you got this beat with that great attitude. Very Happy

Ross.

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Sun 20 Jan 2013, 9:31 am

The lengths you will go to, to tell a good story affraid .

Keep on punching mate and get well soon!

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Sun 20 Jan 2013, 10:42 am

All I can say is "Holt Shit!" I hope you make a full recovery without issues mate Get Well Soon!
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  ausrock50 Sun 20 Jan 2013, 2:44 pm

All the best mate and hope all keeps getting better for you.
ausrock50
ausrock50

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 20 Jan 2013, 5:34 pm

Hard luck TOG. Your injuries sound very serious, lucky you are still with us to tell the tale (well the bits you remember). Hopefully some of the Bandit lads in your neck of the woods can call in on you from time to time to see how you are going.

Hopefully the recovery goes well, good luck mate.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Sun 20 Jan 2013, 5:44 pm

All the best to you TOG (given teh circumstances). I hope you make a full recovery.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Sun 20 Jan 2013, 6:50 pm

"Broken legs"? Well... you've mastered understatement! Very Happy

All the best mate for an excellent recovery, sorry, I'm too far away to check-in on you.

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Sun 20 Jan 2013, 6:59 pm

Well my legs are broken. Laughing Laughing

Hoping to do a deal with the insurance company to get a payout and the wreck. If so, keep an eye out over the coming months for a sale of parts. Hopefully some of my custom stuff will be retrievable for transfer to the next bike.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Sun 20 Jan 2013, 7:48 pm

I know thats a pretty good reason but you will need a note from your mum ...... Look after your self
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 21 Jan 2013, 8:15 am

Mate !!! That is such awful news. Having meet you and riden with you I can vouch to the fact that you are a very sensible and safe rider. How life can change in the blink of an eye. My sincerest best wishes to you and your wife, and I am sure that you will get through this.

Paul.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Mon 21 Jan 2013, 8:30 am

Christ! All the best, hope you make a full recovery.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Mon 21 Jan 2013, 8:35 am

Feckin hell. Shocked I hope that your recovery goes well and you regain use and movement of all limbs. Buy a lotto ticket or three
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Mon 21 Jan 2013, 9:17 am

Thanks guys, at this stage it looks very promising, probably at worst I will use a walking stick so already thinking of how to easily mount one on a bike (Dr House style). I hope the mental aspect of it does not hold me back, that's all I'm a little wary of.
ThatOtherGuy
ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:30 am

ThatOtherGuy wrote:Thanks guys, at this stage it looks very promising, probably at worst I will use a walking stick so already thinking of how to easily mount one on a bike (Dr House style). I hope the mental aspect of it does not hold me back, that's all I'm a little wary of.

You'll be fine TOG. Positve thinking already. I had a bad crash when I was 20 ( Oh to be young again ). The thought of never riding again never even entered my mind. You will be fine. You can do what ever you put your mind to. We are all thinking of you mate. Will try to pop over to pay a visit. So what is your real name ? Can't really ask to see TOG. Very Happy

ps. How are the nurses. tongue
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next