Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

custom bandit

+3
paul
Hammy
mtbeerwah
7 posters

Go down

custom bandit Empty custom bandit

Post  mtbeerwah Mon 17 Dec 2012, 9:06 am

custom bandit Spondo11custom bandit Spondo10

This is from a UK company called Spondon,and do verious different frames,this one is for an oil cooled bandit.

you basically just get a frame,and you build the rest to suit yourself,or back to its basic form,just with a ally frame

i personally love these frames,high quality rigid frame.....no they`re not cheap

Last edited by mtbeerwah on Tue 18 Dec 2012, 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

custom bandit Empty Re: custom bandit

Post  Hammy Mon 17 Dec 2012, 9:49 am

What part of it is a Bandit ? scratch OK as far as custom stuff goes .
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:55 am

basically,you can put gen 1 parts straight on and ride it, just with a different frame,but if i`m going to that much effort,USD forks and a quality rear shock would be going on,

and i`m sure you can vouch for better suspension
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:39 pm

I've got a book on streetfighters with some Spondon stuff in there ..........lot bigger business over there with that stuff

Last edited by paul on Tue 18 Dec 2012, 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Tue 18 Dec 2012, 12:01 am

The frame and swing arm are good looking, but that r1 rear end looks shit and so does the front nose cone
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Tue 18 Dec 2012, 7:10 am

reddog wrote:The frame and swing arm are good looking, but that r1 rear end looks shit and so does the front nose cone

yeah,thats the streetfighter look for this particular bike,but it is designed for the gen 1 bolt on and play.

I only put this up for the frame really,but this is someones version of "different strokes for different folks".

if i had the bucks to buy one of these frames,i`d be playing with the end result,not to that degree,but i would be changing small things to make it a 100 percent quality bike.

what i`ve noticed about alot of forums i visit to do with bandits, most people..NOT EVERYBODY,but most people aren`t happy with : lighting..handling..braking..start to try and make it lighter,and they start doing induction and exhaust tuning,

so why are people buying a bandit.....they all say.."god its got some torque" so are they buying it for an engine?

i`ve got a bandit cause i love the engine,and that the oil cooled were always a very custom changing bike,and this is just another custom mode for the bike.

some may say it stops being a bandit,but at what point does it stop being a bandit?

when you alter the lighting,handling,braking etc? Weight is a big thing with a bandit,and this is one way to fix that
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Tue 18 Dec 2012, 12:34 pm

custom bandit Street13
Suzuki Katana
custom bandit Street11
Suzuki Busa
custom bandit Street12
Honda VTR
custom bandit Street10
GSX1100

Thought I would share a few that a friend of mine in the UK has built at his shop santa
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Tue 18 Dec 2012, 12:58 pm

thats sort of getting away from where i`m coming from

its about the frame! and a mob that has built a quality after market frame for a particular bike that never existed,to replace it with something that is rigid,and weights F.A.,that if you so choose,can return it back almost to its original base form.

street fighters are typically about getting a mixing bowl for what is in main stream production and creating, not all..but most. Yes there are people that make one off frames for street fighters

don`t get me wrong,i really like street fighters, and what some people have built,but thats missing the point from where i`m coming from
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Tue 18 Dec 2012, 8:35 pm

Awesome looking Katana!
Did those other pics have bikes in them? Very Happy
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaupy1962 Tue 18 Dec 2012, 11:05 pm

Um. the second one is a CBR Honda dude. It's Identical to the one in my shed
Kaupy1962
Kaupy1962

Back to top Go down

Post  Mpottsy Wed 19 Dec 2012, 9:07 am

Kaupy1962 wrote:Um. the second one is a CBR Honda dude. It's Identical to the one in my shed

AH i stand corrected thank you. He did not have a name on his site and I went by the shape of the fairing which to my blind eyes looked a little like the Busa.

I know I have stolen this original post a little But I agree there are some great frames around and it is amazing what you can achieve with a little work. The whole street fighter scene is much much bigger in the UK as the restrictions on home build bikes is lest restrictive than it is here. For one they have the SBA or single build assessment which is for people who want to build their own personal Bike or car. This law means you can build almost anything you like so long as it meets the legal road requirements.

This is great news for frame builders and aftermarket components as MTBW says it is about a mixing bowl of stuff all put together to create something of beauty.
Mpottsy
Mpottsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down