Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air box and secondaries done.

5 posters

Go down

secondaries - Air box and secondaries done. Empty Air box and secondaries done.

Post  Hammy Thu 06 Dec 2012, 12:09 pm

Finished off my Air box mod and secondary butterfly extraction this morning. Cut most of the lid top off. Fitted new DNA Hi Flo filter. Took a deep breath and attacked the injector bank, to take out the secondaries. Used the " Reardo Method ". Thats where you leave the throttle cables on and manuver the TB's out and to the side of the motor. Pretty easy. Slow and steady. Used a soldering iron and a new screw driver. Blocked the hose on R/H side at the join. All went back together quite easily. No bolts left over. Very Happy Hit the switch and she growled into life. Road test : Felt strong and smooth. Did not go far. Running low on fuel. Turned around and gave her a little tweak. Up came the front end. Embarassed Very Happy:D:D Now thats new. I think we have unleashed a couple of ponies. No pop n crackle. Sounds nice. Big overnight run coming up this weekend. Ohh Yeah. As it has been said many times before. " This is a must do mod " Total cost : $66:65 for the air filter that will last the life of the bike.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

secondaries - Air box and secondaries done. Empty Re: Air box and secondaries done.

Post  barry_mcki Thu 06 Dec 2012, 12:21 pm

Welcome to the inner (some may say mad) circle.

Amazing how easy the secondary mod is once you get up the courage to tackle it, I think the hardest part was getting the airbox venturies out of the way, an ocky strap soon sorted that out;

secondaries - Air box and secondaries done. Img_1316

secondaries - Air box and secondaries done. Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

secondaries - Air box and secondaries done. Empty Re: Air box and secondaries done.

Post  Rick Thu 06 Dec 2012, 12:23 pm

Hammy, I did mine recently too, Roll on 2nd gear wheelies, love it. The cops did me for failing to maintain control of my vehicle Shocked

PCV AND AUTO TUNE
SECONDARIES REMOVED
MINI INDICATORS
THROTTLE LOCK
OHLINS SHOCK

1990 GSXR750AL
1973 XL100
1973 XL70
1971 SL70
Hyosung rush powered barstool
chinese 50cc powered barstool
Rick
Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 06 Dec 2012, 12:34 pm

barry_mcki wrote:Welcome to the inner (some may say mad) circle.

Amazing how easy the secondary mod is once you get up the courage to tackle it, I think the hardest part was getting the airbox venturies out of the way, an ocky strap soon sorted that out;

secondaries - Air box and secondaries done. Img_1316

You've got that hanging off the side, why is that? What is it your saving yourself from disconnecting?

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick Thu 06 Dec 2012, 12:36 pm

It saves disconnecting the throttle cables, far easier this way.........

PCV AND AUTO TUNE
SECONDARIES REMOVED
MINI INDICATORS
THROTTLE LOCK
OHLINS SHOCK

1990 GSXR750AL
1973 XL100
1973 XL70
1971 SL70
Hyosung rush powered barstool
chinese 50cc powered barstool
Rick
Rick

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 06 Dec 2012, 12:37 pm

Rick wrote:It saves disconnecting the throttle cables, far easier this way.........

Ok, thank you

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 06 Dec 2012, 1:24 pm

That is why I did not disconnect mine too. I remembered how bloody tricky it was to reconnect the cables on the 1200 when I took the carbs out for a clean.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 06 Dec 2012, 1:28 pm

I also removed my battery and tray to make it easier to access the bottom air box screws. Not knowing that they are in a little self enclosing holder. Tis a great way to get to know your bike as well.
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Thu 06 Dec 2012, 7:17 pm

Good work mate.

I was going to film the whole lot of my removal. But thought I'd better concentrate on the secondaries... lol

With headers and a good fuel tune, Roll on first gear are so easy it is unbelievable Cool

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Thu 06 Dec 2012, 9:01 pm

Reardo wrote:Good work mate.

I was going to film the whole lot of my removal. But thought I'd better concentrate on the secondaries... lol

With headers and a good fuel tune, Roll on first gear are so easy it is unbelievable Cool

Yeah thanks for your helpful advice Reardo. Some of those zip ties are hard to find. Wink
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Thu 06 Dec 2012, 10:00 pm

Hammy wrote:
Reardo wrote:Good work mate.

With headers and a good fuel tune, Roll on first gear WHEELIES are so easy it is unbelievable Cool

Yeah thanks for your helpful advice Reardo. Some of those zip ties are hard to find. Wink
haha I hope that's not a zip tie wisecrack Embarassed lol!

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum