Bandit headlight globe

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bandit headlight globe

Post  Kaupy1962 on Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Is the Bandit headlight globe a 3 prong? I know it's 65/55w But is there a reason you can't put a 100/75 Halogen globe in?
Kaupy1962

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bandit headlight globe

Post  Cal on Tue 01 Jul 2014, 9:23 pm

@rolls wrote:
@Kaupy1962 wrote:So what's the answer other than HIDS?

LED driving lights.

I had my first real test of them last Saturday night riding back to Queanbeyan from Nelligen, about 130km. I can't describe it any other way than riding behind a huge ball of daylight. The ones I bought have a 40deg spread and there's no "hot spot", in fact when I put them on I thought I'd just point them to the front and adjust them on the first ride I have with them. No need. The tops of the Poplars looked as bright as the road in front.

The bad: The moon was up and when I put on low beam only, the cat's eyes in the road lit up for about 35m and the colour of the road was a dull grey-orange, other than that the luminance looked to be the same as the moon lit paddocks all around. On high beam the cat's eyes could be seen out to about 75m. Going from all lights down to just the low beam was scary as there was a half second or so for my eyes to adjust. When I knew there was a car coming I switched off just the LEDs, but the isolator switch for them is on the bars down near the clamp, so I have to take my hand off each time I need to turn them on/off. The light reflecting back off road signs seemed like it was drilling into my head, and as the bugs started to add up on the visor the signs weren't just annoyingly bright but the diffused light from the visor made seeing the rest of the road a real strain.

I'll post this in the review of the lights in the product review as well. A couple of things to sort out, mainly isolator switch position, but LEDs will fix your light problem.
Rolls, I have a handlebar switch that is on the left handlebar beside the original switch block. 

It is set up to turn on the led spots via the bikes high beam and can be turned off independent of the bikes high beam (which is also law)
Cal

View user profile http://www.calvinharris.photography

Back to top Go down

Post  boomer on Tue 01 Jul 2014, 11:57 pm

@kewwig wrote:The OEM H7 bulb sits in a spacer block on which the spring steel locking wire presses.  The HID bulb has the same shaped base plate, but because it hasn't got two pins but two wires, the spacer can't be used and the bulb would rattle around.  The spacer simply gives the locking wire something to press on to hold the bulb in place. The spacers are a bit long, so cutting them down means you can grab the back of the bulb to help locate it.

The spacers are cheap and you could probably make something out of a bit of plastic pipe.  The Hid kits don't have the spacers, which you will need.  Here's the link (this one is not the cheapest but it's in Australia)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/H7-HID-Bulb-Spacer-Adapter-Honda-Suzuki-CBR-GSXR-Etc-/280992327825?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item416c72a891&vxp=mtr

thanks for that! i've purchased from ratedr previously, so have no issues there.
you have saved me some time & anguish!

FarRider #412

boomer

View user profile http://www.scottspics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  BanditDave on Wed 02 Jul 2014, 7:09 am

When I installed mine I just packed behind the globe rim with high density foam rubber (it came in the HID kit box) and the locking clip held things firm.

Three+ years later and it is still good  Very Happy  Very Happy

2015 Suzuki DL650A
2014 Honda CBR650F

2009 Bandit 1250
2006 Bandit 1200
Suzuki VZ800 Marauder
BanditDave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content