Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Dog Ride

3 posters

Go down

Black Dog Ride Empty Black Dog Ride

Post  Wellsy Mon 13 Aug 2012, 10:12 am

If you aren't aware the 2012 Balck Dog Ride starts this Saturday 18th August
They leave from Castle Hill at 9.00 and go up the Putty Road eniding up in Alice Springs some many days later
You can ride along as far as you want and make a donation to a great cause
The website is Balckdogride
I'll be going up the Putty Road for the morning tea break
Wellsy
Wellsy

Back to top Go down

Black Dog Ride Empty What an awesome ride for an important cause!

Post  ecclectic Sat 01 Sep 2012, 5:50 pm

I've just returned from the Black Dog Ride - rode to Alice Springs with the NSW contingent, then made my own way back with a couple of new riding buddies. It was fantastic to ride out from Castle Hill on the Sat morning, not quite knowing what to expect but enjoying the other around 120 riders and bikes. Mine was the only Bandit that went to Alice (that I could see) however one of the 'day' riders out from Castle Hill was on a Bandit. We nodded a knowing nod Laughing

I usually get around 6.4 litres per 100km on a city commute cycle - but the harder and faster I rode, especially in the NT, the better my trusty Bandit liked it (GSF1250SA) with many travel legs less that 5 litres per 100km. Never missed a beat, although I did burn through 240ml of oil (punishing winds into Horrocks Pass and Port Augusta) and finished off a set of tyres!

Absolutely brilliant company, spectacular country and we collectively raised around a quarter of a mil to support the Black Dog Institute, who research effective treatments for depression and mood disorders and provide clinics especially for people who can't afford it. Simon Bouda and Steve Jackobs plus a Channel Nine film crew came all the way with us to Alice Springs - there were many 5 o'clock starts to help them out with the live cross for the weather and lots of ribbing and good humour! Of course Angry Anderson, who also rode with us to Alice Springs, attracted a lot of attention and is a thoroughly good bloke.

A fair bit of stuff has already made its way to YouTube and the film crew was working out a way to bundle the footage shot over the ride for people to use and enjoy.

A good start is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGWbh7vyHRM

And to my newly met NSW ride buddies, cheers and I'll ride again with you shortly!

Ecclectic
ecclectic
ecclectic

Back to top Go down

Black Dog Ride Empty What an awesome ride for an important cause!

Post  paul Sat 01 Sep 2012, 8:03 pm

Good report / I saw some of the tv footage & it looked great Very Happy
paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Black Dog Ride Empty Re: Black Dog Ride

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down