Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resistor to stop the FI light

3 posters

Go down

neutral light - Resistor to stop the FI light Empty Resistor to stop the FI light

Post  Reardo Wed 24 Mar 2010, 7:06 pm

I just got my resistor to stop the fuel injection (FI) light coming on after removing all of the PAIR's plumbing & solenoid.
I removed the PAIR about a year ago, but left the solenoid on it to stop the light.
Delived for $53 from www.metrickmetal.com
New resistor on the left, next to a normal size business card. On the right the old solenoid.
neutral light - Resistor to stop the FI light Dscf2510

The PAIR after removal. It made a big difference, stop all popping & smoothed out deceleration.
neutral light - Resistor to stop the FI light Dscf2511

The two square plates on each side of the radiator cap on the head are the blockoff's. after removing the PAIRs.
It give me a lot more room to work, & looks alot neater. $40bucks well spent.
neutral light - Resistor to stop the FI light Dscf2513

And this pic is for the blokes who don't know how restrictived the airbox snorkle is.
neutral light - Resistor to stop the FI light Dscf2512

Last edited by OZBANDIT1250 on Mon 29 Mar 2010, 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the pic of the plates)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

neutral light - Resistor to stop the FI light Empty Re: Resistor to stop the FI light

Post  2010banditsa Thu 25 Mar 2010, 8:32 am

PAIR? what do these letters stand for please?
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

neutral light - Resistor to stop the FI light Empty Re: Resistor to stop the FI light

Post  Reardo Thu 25 Mar 2010, 5:38 pm

2010banditsa wrote:PAIR? what do these letters stand for please?
PAIR: Pulsed Secondary Air Injection
Reardo
Reardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Thu 25 Mar 2010, 6:19 pm

OZBANDIT1250 wrote:
2010banditsa wrote:PAIR? what do these letters stand for please?
PAIR: Pulsed Secondary Air Injection
Exhaust Emission Control System Description
B718H11201003
The exhaust emission control system is composed of the PAIR system, catalyst system and ISC system. The fresh air
is drawn into the exhaust port through the PAIR control solenoid valve and PAIR reed valve
. The PAIR control solenoid
valve is operated by the ECM, which is controlled according to the signals from TPS, ECTS, IATS, IAPS and CKPS.
ISC valve adjusts the bypass air volume of the throttle body to control engine idling speed with various sensor signals
by varying engine running conditions and the idling control contributes to reduce exhaust emission level.

P.S. I'm not really smart, i copy & paste straight from the work shop manual Mad
Reardo
Reardo

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Thu 25 Mar 2010, 6:30 pm

thanks for the replies, i couldnt help but laugh when i saw that the answer for what one acronym was contained about another 6 acronyms that i had no idea what they meant. Of course i have a rough idea now.
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Fri 26 Mar 2010, 1:11 am

Pulsed Air Injection Reed

Popping And Irregular deceleration Rules

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down