Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian Motorcycle Components SUCK

+16
boomer
chips
amcmo
reddog
Bhoffo
sb1250
ausrock50
NTBill
Kaupy1962
Hammy
rolls
matt
BanditDave
Reardo
gus
Vellies
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Australian Motorcycle Components SUCK - Page 2 Empty Australian Motorcycle Components SUCK

Post  Vellies Sat 21 Jul 2012, 1:22 am

First topic message reminder :

Okay, so I thought, surely it cannot happen to me again........ well I was wrong. About a year ago I ordered a Sargent seat for my VStrom from AMC. Took ages to get, I forget how long, but think it was about 2 months after their website initially said they had them in stock.

Ordered another one for my GSX1250FA on 28 May 2012. This time the website had some comment about delivery that I did not understand, so asked them how long it would be, came back with 3-4 weeks. It has now been 8 weeks and nothing, nothing, no seat, no email, no nothing. I have been traveling for work, so was hoping it would get here before I do, but no. To make things worse I followed up a couple of days ago asking for an update, not a peep so far.

What the hell is wrong with these people Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I wil NEVER do business with them again, I do not care if they are supposedly the only distributor in AUS. I am next writing to Sargent directly to tell them how pathetic AMC's service is.

Vellies

Back to top Go down

Australian Motorcycle Components SUCK - Page 2 Empty Re: Australian Motorcycle Components SUCK

Post  amcmo Tue 24 Jul 2012, 9:36 am

I am pretty much aware of the trail on that one.

Promised deliveries from supplier, expecting them to be in a shipment only to find not there. We can only pass on the information we receive. As the distributor, it's always our fault, regardless. And of course, when product doesn't arrive as promised to us, we're the lying/incompetant bastards.

ZG make the best screens, however last year we did go through a VERY rough period, especially on the 4mm thick screens, where we never seemed to get stock. We have worked with ZG to get better order confirmations, and internally to ensure information we give out is correct.

On Bandit family screens we have stock and transit as follows.

23-172-41 - Stock
23-172-42 - Stock
23-180-01 - Stock
23-180-02 - Zero Stock HOPEFULLY 5 clear free stock in next week's shipment.
16-172-01 - Stock
16-172-02 - Stock
16-180-01 - Stock
16-180-02 - Zero Stock, latest confirmation show factory unable to supply next week shipment. Delivery date not yet confirmed.

(Edit to clarify from email question)

amcmo

Back to top Go down

Australian Motorcycle Components SUCK - Page 2 Empty Re: Australian Motorcycle Components SUCK

Post  chips Tue 24 Jul 2012, 9:22 pm

Sorry but I have to weigh in here....

AMC was useless when I placed an order with them end of last year

Can I direct you to this post

https://nswbandits.forumotion.net/t2272-zero-gravity-double-bubble-from-amc

The funny thing is amcmo didn't even respond regarding my initial experience
Only wanted to engage with Reardo and Quizguy
No explanation for why a screen showing as in stock on their website not showing up for MONTHS resulting in a canceelled order, I suggest if they deliver as quickly as they provide a refund that they might offer the customer a better experience

In my email it clearly shows a lack of communication and the giving of incorrect advice without presenting any solutions.

Seems not much has changed.....

Back to top Go down

Post  boomer Tue 24 Jul 2012, 9:52 pm

my 2c.

I've only ordered once from AMC, & that was for the ZG touring screen.
It was ordered on the Tuesday, & I picked it up from my PO Box on Saturday. 4 days - I'm happy with that. cheers

FarRider #412

Australian Motorcycle Components SUCK - Page 2 Yoshi2
boomer
boomer

http://www.scottspics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  chips Tue 24 Jul 2012, 10:02 pm

boomer wrote:my 2c.

I've only ordered once from AMC, & that was for the ZG touring screen.
It was ordered on the Tuesday, & I picked it up from my PO Box on Saturday. 4 days - I'm happy with that. cheers

And i would have been overjoyed with that - had it actually been my experience

Back to top Go down

Post  amcmo Wed 25 Jul 2012, 12:19 am

Chips, your screen was one of the ones that were impacted by non-receipt of screens as expected from the supplier. We gave the information that was made available to us. Obviously if you wanted to order any of the screens listed previously as stock, you too would receive within the week.

Regardless of the reason for any cancellation I feel we owe it to the customer to refund promptly.

As before, our web site has NEVER had stock position. Our accounting system cannot export stock in a format to work with web program, and with over 8000 lines, manual is out of the question.

I've already said All I need to on information provided to us being that we provide to customers. People will either choose to believe that or not.

Boomer points out that his screen arrived within a week, as do approx 70% of all customer orders (some months over 80%), regardless of product. The VAST majority of customer receive product quickly, or if out of stock, receive accurate delivery estimates. Obviously none of these stats will change the minds of those who've already made their decision.

General info on some of our other lines,
R&G Racing average delivery times, stock to a general max of 10 days - we have an airfreight shipment from them weekly. Last Friday's P/O already in the air - Huge volumes. If we tell a customer we expect out of stock items in 10 days, usually the customer has them before the 10 days.
Healtech (Speedo Healers) Almost always stock. Worst case generally 2-3 weeks on very rare items. Huge Volumes.
Renntec - Generally 2-4 weeks. VERY FEW exceed this, and generally good alerts
Pyramid - stock to 8 weeks. Performance varies, and we advise people in advance.
Galfer - Stock to 5 weeks
Stebel - almost always stock.
Genmar - Stock to 3 weeks
AMC (Our own design product) - almost all stock.

We place purchase orders every Friday for most suppliers.

Other suppliers, vary and I won't mention the one who sat on a P/O for 3 weeks before advising they had decided to obsolete 3 Triumph specific parts. And yes, the customer still thinks we're the one's at fault for not knowing and advising earlier.

I might point out, in the over 10 years we've been in business, I've received hundreds of emails from customers happy their product, or jsut wanting to let me know how good the service was from a particular staff member.

amcmo

Back to top Go down

Post  Vellies Tue 04 Sep 2012, 10:07 pm

Well, may have taken more than 3 months, but my seat did arrive today. Man those guys build nice looking seats, can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

I did get a gift from Robert for the inconvenience, and received regular status updates during this journey.

Case closed, will write a review in a new thread once I tried out the seat.

Vellies

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Wed 05 Sep 2012, 8:08 am

Vellies wrote:Well, may have taken more than 3 months, but my seat did arrive today. Man those guys build nice looking seats, can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

I did get a gift from Robert for the inconvenience, and received regular status updates during this journey.

Case closed, will write a review in a new thread once I tried out the seat.

I'm sure you will be very happy with the Sargent seat. I was lucky enough to get a secondhand one from Baz. I went out on the first long ride on Monday since I received it and wow what a difference. No sore arse even after 400k.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Bucky Wed 05 Sep 2012, 8:35 am

After all the mucking around I reckon you'll love the Sargent seat. Mine is very comfortable & looks good too.

If you do much riding with a pillion I'd recommend getting the back rest. My Mrs absolutely loves it. Means she has support for her back & if I get a bit carried away with the right hand she's not going to fall off the back !

Not the best looking accessory ( mostly seen on cruisers errrrrrrrrrrrr Evil or Very Mad ) but it's quickly removable when you're riding on your own.

Cheers,

Bucky

Back to top Go down

Post  amcmo Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:08 am

I appreciate Vellies, positive post re receipt of his seat.

This was certainly a dragged out one, even more so than most.

I realise it's hard for someone waiting for a seat, to put up with continued delays, and in this instance, I made the decision to forward an email from the factory pointing out that an additional delay of some 13-14 days was due to one staff member being away at a show. The sort of thing you'd excuse anyone for not believing unless they saw it in black and white.

Between that, the air freight company missing the shipment deadline and having it bumped to a later flight and our wonderful Customs sitting on it for over a week (it was a shipment of over 20 seats), it was enough to test anyone's patience.

As Vellies posted, I did attempt to keep him updated, however would have easily understood an almighty dummy spit.

On another subject, we have received our first stock of Wolo Bad Boy horns in Black and Chrome. Slightly smaller than the Stebel Compact Nautilus which are getting harder to come by due to t e factory closure. Not sure where we should post to advise of these, however they are $62 and $72 RRP inc, with $52 and $61 for club members. AND I PROMISE WE HAVE GOOD STOCKS!

amcmo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:11 pm

It appears you suffer from avalanche sales, when something goes wrong it just keeps rocketing down the mountan side till it hits the bottom, as a career sales guy this is easily fixed, train your people, send them off to some customer service school and youll never end up here
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  amcmo Thu 06 Sep 2012, 9:40 am

Jimcoleman thanks for the input.

We appreciate the need for professional sales support and have provided a mix of internal and paid external training for the 8 new staff in the past 14 months.

To put this into perspective, while annoying in the extreme for the customers involved, we have approx 7-8 seriously unhappy customers that I am aware of in the past year out of over 10,000 transactions. Most issues with delivery are handled professionally and promptly by our sales team. This of course is zero help to the 7-8 customers who have been extremely unhappy with our service, and we actively work to try to reduce that number further.

I have previously admitted that from time to time one goes seriously off the rails, and no amount of training can prevent that, especially when it takes a factory 3-4 months to get a product out the door, with very few or inaccurate responses to our chase-ups.

I look forward to Vellies product review when he has had time to experience the seat, however do point out that, in the VERY unlikely event he is not 100% happy with his seat (for any reason), he has 30 days to return it to us for a full refund (and keep the gift Very Happy ). We are the only distributor worldwide to offer that service, that is how seriously we try to take customer satisfaction.

amcmo

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax Thu 06 Sep 2012, 4:09 pm

amcmo wrote:
I have previously admitted that from time to time one goes seriously off the rails, and no amount of training can prevent that, especially when it takes a factory 3-4 months to get a product out the door, with very few or inaccurate responses to our chase-ups.

The best you can do is be honest and keep in contact with the customer. There is nothing worse, from a customers point of view to have someone lie their arse off just so the customer doesn't cancel the order. Not suggesting that you do, but it has happened to myself in the past not just online but from local stores as well.

Most of us know and except that things can and do go wrong occasionally, but if we're left in the dark that's when we get pissed.

madmax
madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  NZspokes Thu 27 Jul 2017, 5:01 pm

amcmo wrote: AND I PROMISE WE HAVE GOOD STOCKS!

Apparently not. Shame I didnt check this crowd out before I purchased from them.
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Australian Motorcycle Components SUCK - Page 2 Empty Check with the current owner

Post  amcmo Thu 27 Jul 2017, 6:06 pm

NZspokes' comment popped up in my inbox. Apparently I never unsubbed from the forum when I sold AMC in 2014 to retire.

He doesn't say what product he ordered, or what the issue was.

If he cares to pm me with details of his issue, I can take up with the current owners who I keep in regular contact with.

They are a good bunch and I've seen their warehouse recently - it's to the roof with stock, though without knowing the product I couldn't comment.

Even the biggest company can be out of stock - hell I'm waiting 3 weeks for my online order of the top of the line iPad Pro. doesn't mean Apple suck, just demand above their expectations at moment, and factories don't increase production at the flick of a switch.

amcmo

Back to top Go down

Post  NZspokes Thu 27 Jul 2017, 7:02 pm

amcmo wrote:NZspokes' comment popped up in my inbox. Apparently I never unsubbed from the forum when I sold AMC in 2014 to retire.

He doesn't say what product he ordered, or what the issue was.

If he cares to pm me with details of his issue, I can take up with the current owners who I keep in regular contact with.

They are a good bunch and I've seen their warehouse recently - it's to the roof with stock, though without knowing the product I couldn't comment.

Even the biggest company can be out of stock - hell I'm waiting 3 weeks for my online order of the top of the line iPad Pro. doesn't mean Apple suck, just demand above their expectations at moment, and factories don't increase production at the flick of a switch.
Congrats on retiring. 

I ordered a screen for my CBR, they didnt bother to tell me it was out of stock. I chased them up on the order then they told me. So I changed to a different version. It would seem the site is not auto updated for stock. 

Now they say 3 weeks courier to me. Im in New Zealand. I get stuff from the UK, USA in under 2 weeks. RevZilla in just under a week. 

But something clicked to me before, this explains why I had such trouble getting my Healtech Quickshifter from a local guy that said it came from Aussie.  

I try to support as local as I can but this feels off. The world has moved on from slow delivery.
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Australian Motorcycle Components SUCK - Page 2 Empty Screen

Post  amcmo Thu 27 Jul 2017, 7:15 pm

3 weeks courier to you sounds about right dealing with that factory, if they don't have the item in stock. 

They don't ship a single screen, rather an air pallet of the next couple of month or so estimated requirement.

As for quick shifter, sounds strange as I enquired recently and they had almost every combination in stock.

I still do a bit of eBay sales, including their product. Usually, Healtech product is next day shipment, though if out of stock usually 1-2 weeks for the next bulk shipment from Europe.

amcmo

Back to top Go down

Post  NZspokes Thu 27 Jul 2017, 7:18 pm

amcmo wrote:3 weeks courier to you sounds about right dealing with that factory, if they don't have the item in stock. 

They don't ship a single screen, rather an air pallet of the next couple of month or so estimated requirement.

As for quick shifter, sounds strange as I enquired recently and they had almost every combination in stock.

I still do a bit of eBay sales, including their product. Usually, Healtech product is next day shipment, though if out of stock usually 1-2 weeks for the next bulk shipment from Europe.
No they have the screen. 3 Weeks to get from them to NZ.
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Australian Motorcycle Components SUCK - Page 2 Empty Screen

Post  amcmo Thu 27 Jul 2017, 7:19 pm

That is a long time. Worst case snail mail estimate...Question

amcmo

Back to top Go down

Post  NZspokes Thu 27 Jul 2017, 7:27 pm

amcmo wrote:That is a long time. Worst case snail mail estimate...Question
From memory my QS was over a month from ordering. 

We will see. I would have got it from Revzilla but they cant send that item to NZ due to a "Local" supplier. If I ordered off them last weekend I would almost have it by now.
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Thu 27 Jul 2017, 9:14 pm

Cancel the order, that is unacceptable.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  NZspokes Sat 29 Jul 2017, 7:14 pm

Now they are just not bothering to respond to me. I will get in touch with ZG and Haltech and let them know what service their local clients are getting.
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Australian Motorcycle Components SUCK - Page 2 Empty AMC

Post  amcmo Sat 29 Jul 2017, 7:50 pm

When did you email them?

They responded to one of my queries yesterday.

amcmo

Back to top Go down

Post  NZspokes Sun 30 Jul 2017, 6:37 am

amcmo wrote:When did you email them?

They responded to one of my queries yesterday.
Thursday.
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Post  NZspokes Mon 31 Jul 2017, 2:42 pm

reddog wrote:Cancel the order, that is unacceptable
Ive just asked them if they are bothering to send the screen. If I dont hear anything back again i will cancel and order from the USA.
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Post  NZspokes Mon 31 Jul 2017, 8:22 pm

Just got this back from them, I would very much recommend not using them. Keep in mind I placed the order 2 Saturdays ago.....

HI we are sending this parcel tomorrow.  We had technical problem for two days, Sorry for delay.  Hopefully parcel will reach in two weeks.

Thanks

Regards
NZspokes
NZspokes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next