Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

disposed of - Suzuki Gel Seat

2 posters

Go down

disposed of - Suzuki Gel Seat Empty disposed of - Suzuki Gel Seat

Post  Baz Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:52 pm

its gone - Suzuki gel seat, two piece, fits GSF/GSX (2007 - 2012), used and currently sporting a cover made by VCM Seats, used.

disposed of - Suzuki Gel Seat IMG_0748_1

disposed of - Suzuki Gel Seat IMG_0749_1

Last edited by Baz on Fri 15 Jun 2012, 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

disposed of - Suzuki Gel Seat Empty Re: disposed of - Suzuki Gel Seat

Post  matt Thu 14 Jun 2012, 8:40 am

how much did it cost to recover seat and how does it rate compaired to the sargent seat thanks
matt
matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Thu 14 Jun 2012, 5:38 pm

matt wrote:how much did it cost to recover seat and how does it rate compaired to the sargent seat thanks

I think VCM charged me $220 but that included the logo.
reason I had it recovered is I dropped the seat and put a very small tear on the edge that butts up against tank on one side and that drove me insane, so I had Kev (VCM seats) recover it but I'm not sure if he took off the original covering before putting on the new cover ... so whats under the new cover can only be determined by removing it or asking Kev what he did.

reason for selling is I need a bike a bit more ergonomically friendly for the sake of my neck mainly, plus factory fitted heated grips and a bum warmer and a radio and a windscreen that I can dial in to eliminate the wind noise helps as well .. I test rode a Beemer R1200RT today and was really happy with the screen and noise elimination at high speed, the twin took a bit of getting used though its not as responsive or sporty as the 1250 four ... but I think I'm going to do it, I have over 44,000 kms on my GSX, twice as much as other bikes its age so if I don't do it now the trade-in value is just going to go southwards.

I wonder if Cam will let me remain on this wonderful forum, there are too many laughs to be had here and I've met some wonderful people ... ( I promise not to post anything BMWish)

I'm in Sydney not far from Fraser motorcycles new joint ... I will weigh the seat when I'm not so busy, but I can tell you its heavy, it would best if it can be picked up in person in a car costwise

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Thu 14 Jun 2012, 5:45 pm

I liked the seargent seat best, I could go longer on it. The gel seat made me slip forward and suffer from crushed nuts.

don't suppose I'll be able to sell it now ... I might have to bequeath it free to good Bandit owner living nearby

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down