Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another top weekend !

3 posters

Go down

Another top weekend ! Empty Another top weekend !

Post  paul Tue 03 Apr 2012, 7:57 pm

After the weeks before great ride with Reardo , I thought this weekend may have been a bit quieter ;.......... WRONG .
Friday night we went to a buffet tea at a pub for my niece`s 18th . Behind our table of 30 odd , sat 4 tables full; about 120 Kenyans celebrating 2 of their mob graduating from university .As the night wore on ,they gave a talk congratulating the pair , & then broke into a song sung as they do in two part harmony where one sings a line & the rest of them follow with another line all in their native tongue . They obviously enjoyed doing it as much as we did listening , because they then went on to entertain us for 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour & complimented the songs with some dancing as well . It was bloody amazing to watch & one of those chance things you may only see once in your life / I still crack a smile when I think about it .
Then on Saturday , I went on the memorial ride for a dead mate & as it turned out there were over 30 bikes ( 4 non harleys ) some with pillions , & 3 car loads did the trip to where we had previously scattered his ashes & we were met there by another half a dozen cars & a couple more bikes as well. After a brief service & a lone bagpipe player played , the Viet. vets among us went on to do another service at Victor harbor for one of their Kids & the rest of us went to the Pub at Victor to meet up with them afterwards for a meal . All in all another top day was had by all .
Sunday was a bit of an anti climax though after all that with odd jobs to be done around the house ,I got to talk some crap & drink some coffee with another mate in the afternoon though , so not a complete waste LOL

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Another top weekend ! Empty Re: Another top weekend !

Post  gus Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:28 am

Now thats a weekend .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  mtbeerwah Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:11 pm

sounded like a good one. i`d like to see the kenyen thing in person to appreciate the audio and visual for what their about. i couldn`t listen to it all the time,but respect their culture.
mtbeerwah
mtbeerwah

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 04 Apr 2012, 6:24 pm

The sound was great & what made it so good was that it was done as an impromptu thing by some other diners just out to celebrate their friends graduating . They did look a very happy mob right from when we got there .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down