Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Website for bike specific gauge parts

3 posters

Go down

Website for bike specific gauge parts Empty Website for bike specific gauge parts

Post  Ironman Mon 26 Mar 2012, 7:59 pm

I found this while surfing the www.
Got some interesting bits of kit like a coolant temp / oil temp sensor manifold for adding temp gauges - something which the Bandit is sadly lacking.
http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/new/
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Website for bike specific gauge parts Empty Re: Website for bike specific gauge parts

Post  Hammy Mon 26 Mar 2012, 8:30 pm

Bloody hell. You could deck your Bandit out like the cockpit of a 747. Smile
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Website for bike specific gauge parts Empty Re: Website for bike specific gauge parts

Post  barry_mcki Tue 27 Mar 2012, 12:48 am

I ended up getting the Trail Tech Striker and 4 light surround panel. There are a number of different dashes they make, but this one has the volt and temp readouts. It also comes with a magnetic pickup speedo as well as ambient temp. Memory recall on most funstions as well as variable setting in two stages leds for over temp and under voltage.

The surround comes with 4 lights (both LED and filement bulbs included in my kit) with 8 different lights covers. I've scratch the tail part of the "R" (for reverse) cover to make a "F" for fan and hooked it up to the bandits radiator fan.

The standard water temp manifold (goes in the upper raditor hose) was too small - note for future reference electrical tape no good to make raditor pipes larger, the gum melts and the green stuff comes out. So a measurement of the hose inner diameter (25mm btw) and another manifold ordered - hasn't leaked since installing this new one.

Main unit was about US$130, the surround an additional $55 (bit over priced considering it is just a bit of plastic - but it does set of the main unit). The 25mm manifold was another $30, you can specify the correct manifold so you don't need to spend this extra if you're smart.

Striker and Surround (with a Vapor dash)
Website for bike specific gauge parts Strike10Website for bike specific gauge parts Trail_10

This is the only shot I currently have of the Striker on my bike, I'll update this photo when I get everthing back together, just noticed the black Renthal Bars looks good against the black surround of the Striker:
Website for bike specific gauge parts Bandit11

Manifold
Website for bike specific gauge parts Temp_s10

Website for bike specific gauge parts Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 27 Mar 2012, 5:48 am

So, do you have your original dash just sitting in the cockpit but not hooked up ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Tue 27 Mar 2012, 1:56 pm

No - it's still functional, just got things pulled apart to get at some wiring for additional indicators and spotties. I've also had Gus CF the cluster outside surround and the upper fairing inners.

Whilst I had everything appart I've put in the white gauge faces, however was a little disppointed with the LCD Speedo side, was a bit bland in the original form, I have added a small Bandit logo to "fill" it in a bit, might add a bit of color to it with a red S or something, still playing with this idea. I cheekily left the ABS lamp on it even though mine doesn't have it. They don't make a cover without the ABS - however it looks like the dash itself is fitted with it under the original black tacko cover:

Website for bike specific gauge parts White_10
Website for bike specific gauge parts Img_0311

I wouldn't mind getting a new front panel, the silver rings on mine are quiet scratched, might paint them black. Hope to have everything back together soon.

barry_mcki
barry_mcki

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 27 Mar 2012, 2:30 pm

Looks good. Will you use both sets of gauges at the same time ?
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Tue 27 Mar 2012, 4:41 pm

I still tend to use the main Suzuki dash, just scan the Striker every now and then. As it is digital it takes bit to comprehend all the readings - a lot more cluttered than the OEM LCD readout. The battery and temp readouts are also a little smaller font size that tends to make a casual glance hard, but checking the temp every now and then I find reassuring. The dash goes to sleep if there has been no activity, wakes up when it senses a change. Their are different readouts depending on what you are interested in looking for, a fair few options when you mix time, speed and distance:

Website for bike specific gauge parts Strike11

There are two wedge shaped LEDs on the Stiker itself, these are the two step programable LEDs for under voltage and over temp, stage one they flash, stage two they are on steady. I have wired up the remote lights to the fan, spot lights, but still tossing up on the other two, might get another oil pressure sender to try "T" off somewhere on the motor and the last maybe a fuel low for the spare tank I'm thinking of putting in.

With the Zumo I have three different speedo's, possibly a little excessive one might say... Rolling Eyes

barry_mcki
barry_mcki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down