Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TPO pair Removal kit

4 posters

Go down

TPO pair Removal kit Empty TPO pair Removal kit

Post  RAC Sat 03 Mar 2012, 3:25 pm

Hi Folks

I'm going to a service day tomorrow with some of the good folk from ASB where I'll have some people around when I take the tank off for the first time.
I'm planing on changing oil and filter and putting in a K&N air filter and drilling the 2" hole in the box. Do you leave the snorkel off?

Then once I'm confident in getting that far on my own, maybe the next day I'll try to put in the TPO Pair Removal kit I just got.
There's a resistor in there but no instructions on where it goes? just instructions on how to block the valves and hoses.
Anybody used the TPO kit and know?

RAC

Back to top Go down

TPO pair Removal kit Empty Re: TPO pair Removal kit

Post  dhula Sat 03 Mar 2012, 3:43 pm

If you are going to drill the big hole in the air box lid, then yes leave the snorkle off as well. A side benefit of leaving the snork off is that it makes it that little bit easier to remove and refit the air box lid when checking, reoiling, replacing the air filter

When you put the TPO plates on there are a couple of ways to go about it.
1. leave the read valve plate out completely. make sure you use some hi temp RTV sealant around the edges to ensure a good seal
2. take the read valves out of the plate (small screws that can be a PITA) and put the plate back in before fitting the TPO plate. I did it this way without any RTV and it never leaked.

Makes sure you pick a well fitting plug for the airbox end. A little silicone or RTV as an added extra won't hurt to ensure a good seal that does not suck air but I didn't and had no probs.

The resistor will fit into the elec connector you unplug from the PAIR solenoid. Just fit one leg into one hole and the other leg into the other (Hope fully this will make sense when you see it). Make sure to insulate and protect the resistor and elec coupling to prevent water/dirt ingress and shorting on the frame (you could use elec tape, heat shrink etc for this job). Once done zip tie it out of the way against the frame and your done.

If reddog is there I'm sure he will give you some help as he has used the TPO kit on his bike

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Sun 04 Mar 2012, 7:01 pm

Hope the day went well and you learned how to service your beast. Optimal from ASB is a top bloke as are quite a few of the other lads.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  RAC Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:16 pm

Today at the ASB service day I changed the oil & filter, put in the K&N air filter and put a big hole in the air box lid (it was the only one handy, so close enough).
Then when I got home I thought I'd have a go at the TPO pairs block seeing as it wasn't hard to get the tank off.
TPO pair Removal kit 593

TPO pair Removal kit 592-1

I thought I'd have a go at getting the secondary butterfly's out, undid the clamps to the air box but it didn't wiggle out to make enough room and the rest looked too daunting to remove, my courage ran out and I thought I'd quit while I was ahead, but I'm pleased with today's efforts.

Yes Reddog, Optimal is a nice bloke. There was only Optimal, Scara, and Izzy there, and I was the only one who did anything on a bike. A couple of others came after but just for a chat.

RAC

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Mon 05 Mar 2012, 12:07 pm

The less pupils mean you get more hands on. Scara and the lads are fairly knowledgable. You've done well for your first go at servicing the bike. The secondary removal does sound a bit daunting, but it's really not too hard. I'd recommend you get a decent set of JIS screwdrivers (from experience as I snapped the head of a cheap set ofscrew drivers in mine) before you attempt it though as drilling them out is a real pain. All you have to do is loosen all the clamps. Pull the airbox back and re use the bolts and a piece of wire to hold the airbox out of the way. Then wiggle the TB's out.

If you watch @Reardo's video he does it the easiest way, slide the TB's out the right hand side of the bike and rest them on a towel. Use a heat gun to loosen the glue and away you go.

If you want a hand sing out and one of the WA members might be able to help out.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill & Ted Sat 28 Oct 2017, 7:31 pm

dhula wrote:
2. take the read valves out of the plate (small screws that can be a PITA) and put the plate back in before fitting the TPO plate. I did it this way without any RTV and it never leaked.

This is the way that i went, very neat and easy and works perfectly.

Bill & Ted

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down