Easy Riders Club

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Easy Riders Club

Post  2wheelsagain on Mon 23 Jan 2012, 9:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Anyone here involved in the Easy Riders Club (ERA)?
I have just received an invitation to join and am wondering if I should bother.
I think my bikes have twice the cylinders of most members from what I can see.
The invitation is for a local chapter.
Thoughts.

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
Graphite 2014 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
Silver 2014 MV Agusta B3 Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6168
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 53
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down


Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  boomer on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:05 am

@chips wrote:
My biggest gripe is still the 20L tank on the bandit. Why can't it be 25 or 30......

I agree! Even bringing it up to the 22 litres matching the DL650 & DL1000 would have been preferable.

_________________
http://www.scottspics.com.au
FarRider #412

avatar
boomer

Posts : 292
Join date : 2009-11-26
Location : Randwick

View user profile http://www.scottspics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  b12mick on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:11 pm

Rules like that on rides shit me.

The group I ride with have 4 'rules'.

1. Enjoy yourself
2. Ride your own ride
3. Don't fuck up someone elses ride
4. Enjoy yourself.

I understand that on some rides with large groups you have to have some assemblance of organisation, but FFS there's no need to go over board with it.
avatar
b12mick

Posts : 908
Join date : 2009-10-08
Age : 51
Location : Wagga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  b12mick on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:14 pm

@boomer wrote:
@chips wrote:
My biggest gripe is still the 20L tank on the bandit. Why can't it be 25 or 30......

I agree! Even bringing it up to the 22 litres matching the DL650 & DL1000 would have been preferable.

Personally I reckon the 20lt tank (on the 1200) is just about perfect. Generally speaking when the tank needs filling up, I'm ready to have a break anyway.
avatar
b12mick

Posts : 908
Join date : 2009-10-08
Age : 51
Location : Wagga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  Ewok1958 on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 6:04 pm

The 1250 actually only has a 19l tank. I imagine Suzuki restricted it to avoid further weight up high. The 1250 motor is 25mm narrower than the 1200 motor and taller, so every bit of fuel above that was going to be further weight up above the centre of mass - that would show up in the bike's ability to be flicked from side to side in s-bends.
avatar
Ewok1958

Posts : 3733
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 58
Location : Bemboka, NSW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  2wheelsagain on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:31 pm

@Ewok1958 wrote:The 1250 actually only has a 19l tank. I imagine Suzuki restricted it to avoid further weight up high. The 1250 motor is 25mm narrower than the 1200 motor and taller, so every bit of fuel above that was going to be further weight up above the centre of mass - that would show up in the bike's ability to be flicked from side to side in s-bends.
Im under the impression our tanks are the same as the last 1200 and the addition of the fuel pump cost 1lt of capacity. Could be wrong though.

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
Graphite 2014 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
Silver 2014 MV Agusta B3 Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6168
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 53
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  Ewok1958 on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:39 pm

Sounds plausible 4WA. If I travel at touring speeds I can still get 350kms from the 1250 tank so I'm not too worried when travelling with a group that includes SV650 and Triumph Sprint bikes - I just don't like being the 'limiting factor' so I back it off. Else, I see no problem refuelling at 300kms to give the old body a stretch. My trouble is that I like to fang it a bit to remind me I'm not dead yet!
avatar
Ewok1958

Posts : 3733
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 58
Location : Bemboka, NSW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  Re-Cycled on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:30 pm

@b12mick wrote:Rules like that on rides shit me.

The group I ride with have 4 'rules'.

1. Enjoy yourself
2. Ride your own ride
3. Don't fuck up someone elses ride
4. Enjoy yourself.

I understand that on some rides with large groups you have to have some assemblance of organisation, but FFS there's no need to go over board with it.

Usually the rides I enjoy most are just me and my brother or maybe 1 or 2 others.

Too hard to get agreement in a large group. Too hard to refuel in a large group. Too hard to get the pace right in a ....etc.

Large group Ok once you reach the pub for the night. What a Face drunken

_________________
Cheers Peter

'96 1200s Bandit
2007 DL1000 V Strom
avatar
Re-Cycled

Posts : 2170
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 58
Location : Newcastle

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  paul on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 9:49 pm

4wheelsagain wrote:
@Ewok1958 wrote:The 1250 actually only has a 19l tank. I imagine Suzuki restricted it to avoid further weight up high. The 1250 motor is 25mm narrower than the 1200 motor and taller, so every bit of fuel above that was going to be further weight up above the centre of mass - that would show up in the bike's ability to be flicked from side to side in s-bends.
Im under the impression our tanks are the same as the last 1200 and the addition of the fuel pump cost 1lt of capacity. Could be wrong though.


Up to 2005 the tanks were slightly different shape & 20 ltrs / the 2006 which is the same cosmetically as 2007 onward with the 1200 motor has the current shape tank but still 20 ltrs . 2007 onward as you have said gained a fuel pump and lost a litre . Tend to get slightly better fuel economy with the new motor though so it works out about the same distance wise Very Happy

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 6884
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 64
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  chips on Thu 26 Jan 2012, 11:49 am

It not just about long distance range out of the tank for me. Its ability as a commuter.

The GS500 had the same tank (20Lts) but I got under 5L/100km so I didn't fill up till 380-400km's on the odo, no fuel gauge but I recon overrated on a bike anyway.

I would like to get the same range out of the b12 bandit so a tank of 25-30L would be nice. That way I'm not filling up every 3 days when I'm at work/uni.... Just a small gripe.

_________________
avatar
chips

Posts : 437
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 30
Location : Roma Qld

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  paul on Thu 26 Jan 2012, 5:36 pm

Just saw about half a dozen Adelaide chapter members at Lobethal / suppose I`ll see them bloody every where now since you mentioned them 4WA Laughing

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 6884
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 64
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  b12mick on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 10:01 am

@Re-Cycled wrote:
@b12mick wrote:Rules like that on rides shit me.

The group I ride with have 4 'rules'.

1. Enjoy yourself
2. Ride your own ride
3. Don't fuck up someone elses ride
4. Enjoy yourself.

I understand that on some rides with large groups you have to have some assemblance of organisation, but FFS there's no need to go over board with it.

Usually the rides I enjoy most are just me and my brother or maybe 1 or 2 others.

Too hard to get agreement in a large group. Too hard to refuel in a large group. Too hard to get the pace right in a ....etc.

Large group Ok once you reach the pub for the night. What a Face drunken

We're lucky our group rarely has more than 12 bikes on a ride, and that suits us just fine.
avatar
b12mick

Posts : 908
Join date : 2009-10-08
Age : 51
Location : Wagga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  reddog on Fri 27 Jan 2012, 5:41 pm

The smaller the group the better. Large groups irritate me with all the stop starting and waiting for people
avatar
reddog

Posts : 2357
Join date : 2010-09-27
Age : 39
Location : Allanson WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  b12mick on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 11:52 am

Even in our small group, we are still waiting for people. I don't mind though, gives me a chance to have a smoke.
avatar
b12mick

Posts : 908
Join date : 2009-10-08
Age : 51
Location : Wagga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  dhula on Sat 04 Feb 2012, 9:36 pm

These words

Sergeant at Arms
Chapter
Road Captain
Tail Gunners
Chapter Officer

are enough for me to say no thanks

stuff like this

-- No drinking or drugs while riding is allowed.
-- All traffic laws will be strictly obeyed.
Make me wana spew cause it's CDF or in other words - well fucking der

I could go on but I won't.




The biggest group I've ridden in lately is 4. Mostly I ride in a group of 2 (me, mrs and our kids) and that's it.
Like the same things, have a great time and if one of use wants to call it quits and go home, noone winges.

dhula

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2009-09-03
Location : Warnbro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  Jimcoleman on Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:25 am

@dhula wrote:These words

Sergeant at Arms
Chapter
Road Captain
Tail Gunners
Chapter Officer

are enough for me to say no thanks

stuff like this

-- No drinking or drugs while riding is allowed.
-- All traffic laws will be strictly obeyed.
Make me wana spew cause it's CDF or in other words - well fucking der

I could go on but I won't.




The biggest group I've ridden in lately is 4. Mostly I ride in a group of 2 (me, mrs and our kids) and that's it.
Like the same things, have a great time and if one of use wants to call it quits and go home, noone winges.



i ride with a few guys maybe 5 to 6 at a time all good fun as as for the above why would you ,if some one started waffling on about rules and common sense stuff, if you do this or that your out all would say are you for real !!! well never been one for wanker clubs
avatar
Jimcoleman

Posts : 1173
Join date : 2011-08-03
Age : 49
Location : Merimbula , NSW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  2wheelsagain on Sun 05 Feb 2012, 5:02 pm

Well I was talked into riding the first Bairnsdale Chapter social ride today.
About 30 bikes in total. A good collection of tractors. A good cross section of metric cruiser's and a couple of us on sports/sports tourers 4 learners and that's fine. A few who shouldn't hold a license and that's not fine. A few who think its cool to ride without gloves and a couple who ride with their jackets undone. Also not fine in my book.

260 km in 6hrs including lunch. I think I cracked 100km/h once. TEC is ok when L's on the ride but corner markers on local roads??
Anyway for the first time ever I have crackd 20km/l

A bee found its way up my jacket sleeve too. Ouch!

I'm unlikely to do another ride as that group. Fine individuals I'm sure.

I might have a B1250 issue that I will post in Mechanical.


Last edited by 4wheelsagain on Sun 05 Feb 2012, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
Graphite 2014 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
Silver 2014 MV Agusta B3 Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6168
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 53
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  Jimcoleman on Sun 05 Feb 2012, 6:06 pm

We told you so Wink
avatar
Jimcoleman

Posts : 1173
Join date : 2011-08-03
Age : 49
Location : Merimbula , NSW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  2wheelsagain on Sun 05 Feb 2012, 6:40 pm

@Jimcoleman wrote:We told you so Wink
Neutral Yeah but a good mate invited me.

I asked one of the tools why no gloves? He responded he couldn't work the throttle properly wearing gloves and that he would keep his hands up in an off! I shook my head and walked off.
On a 1100 Star in case you're wondering.

Overall I think there was to many weekend only riders for my comfort.

_________________
My posts reflect my personal  experience or opinion. You don't have to agree with me.
~ Chris ~
~ 0466 Ask ~
~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
Graphite 2014 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
Silver 2014 MV Agusta B3 Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
avatar
2wheelsagain
Admin

Posts : 6168
Join date : 2009-08-26
Age : 53
Location : Sale Area Vic

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  Jimcoleman on Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:33 pm

wise man once told me an accident is by nature an accident not an on purpose so be prepared for the worst but i must admit when i have an off i am going to roll my self in to a protective ball and when its safe i am going to stand up but only when safe
avatar
Jimcoleman

Posts : 1173
Join date : 2011-08-03
Age : 49
Location : Merimbula , NSW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  chips on Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:43 pm

@Jimcoleman wrote:wise man once told me an accident is by nature an accident not an on purpose so be prepared for the worst but i must admit when i have an off i am going to roll my self in to a protective ball and when its safe i am going to stand up but only when safe

you say one thing but adrenaline wrecks the best set plans....

_________________
avatar
chips

Posts : 437
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 30
Location : Roma Qld

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  b12mick on Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:34 pm

4wheelsagain wrote:Well I was talked into riding the first Bairnsdale Chapter social ride today.
About 30 bikes in total. A good collection of tractors. A good cross section of metric cruiser's and a couple of us on sports/sports tourers 4 learners and that's fine. A few who shouldn't hold a license and that's not fine. A few who think its cool to ride without gloves and a couple who ride with their jackets undone. Also not fine in my book.

260 km in 6hrs including lunch. I think I cracked 100km/h once. TEC is ok when L's on the ride but corner markers on local roads??
Anyway for the first time ever I have crackd 20km/l

A bee found its way up my jacket sleeve too. Ouch!

I'm unlikely to do another ride as that group. Fine individuals I'm sure.

I might have a B1250 issue that I will post in Mechanical.

260km for the day???? That's ridiculous. We'll do at least 200 before lunch. Although I suppose it depends on how new the learners were....
avatar
b12mick

Posts : 908
Join date : 2009-10-08
Age : 51
Location : Wagga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  reddog on Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:32 pm

Sounds like "wild hogs" to me. I wouldn't have even finished the ride, I would have overtaken the leader and kept on riding.

avatar
reddog

Posts : 2357
Join date : 2010-09-27
Age : 39
Location : Allanson WA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  b12mick on Tue 07 Feb 2012, 11:36 am

@reddog wrote:Sounds like "wild hogs" to me. I wouldn't have even finished the ride, I would have overtaken the leader and kept on riding.


I did that on a ride with a group in Wagga once, and was asked not to come back, which didn't bother me in the least.
avatar
b12mick

Posts : 908
Join date : 2009-10-08
Age : 51
Location : Wagga

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  Grover on Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:04 pm

I am thinking of checking out a local group that goes by the name Fat Bastard Riders Group. ON their website they claim to have few, if any, rules and a relaxed attitude.

I might give em a go and if they are dicks I just don't go back. We have another local riders group, Canberra Riders, who generally seem like a bunch of young knobs, posers and "butterfly bikers" (only come out in perfect weather). I won't go near these tools.

As for the rules posted by FUTURE, what a wank! But I have always believed in this one -- No drinking or drugs while riding is allowed. You might spill a stubby or drop the bong! Of course, it doesn't mean you can't get hammered before the ride.

_________________
Grover(Ash)
It's more fun naked
2011 Bandit 1250A

"I do not fear death. I was dead for billions and billions of years before my birth and I have not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." Mark Twain
avatar
Grover

Posts : 339
Join date : 2011-04-05
Age : 45
Location : tropical Canberra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  paul on Sun 12 Feb 2012, 12:09 am

true story // when the Ulysses club had its AGM in Canberra the prominent 1%ers there took the powers that be in the Ulysses club to one of their meetings & proceeded to intimidate them into not wearing the " rockers " with the Ulysses logo any more .I was so pi$%&d off that they didn`t tell them to bugger off I quit the Ulysses not long after ; surely a compromise could have been reached . Not that wearing the rockers was all that important , but being dictated to by this club still shi%s me off , especially as this particular club once promoted themselves as a social club not " bikies "on a documentary on tv .
I might add that at any other 1%er club function I have been to they had a much more relaxed attitude toward other riders .

_________________
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.






avatar
paul

Posts : 6884
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 64
Location : Morphett Vale Sth. Aust.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Easy Riders Club

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum