Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anxiety ,depression .

+33
truck
Bosco15
Ewok1958
Chook
Maxwell
watto110
Cal
fat pete
kewwig
jstava
Jimcoleman
Blueknight
Phill
ThatOtherGuy
SuzySuzuki
NTBill
mtbeerwah
boomer
whitey1
Mpottsy
lliquidlen
Freeway
Four40
Saikhan
b12mick
Kaupy1962
Hammy
paul
chips
Reardo
2wheelsagain
grahame
gus
37 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Anxiety ,depression . - Page 5 Empty Anxiety ,depression .

Post  gus Tue 08 Nov 2011, 5:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

I wanted to have a chat with Reardo since learning we both suffer from an anxiety disorder . I sent him a P.M about it but we decided we may as
well discus it On-line in the hope it may help someone else now, or , in the future . I was the last person who thought i would suffer from this as
i was always care free and easy going . You dont have to be an Anxious person to suffer from it .
I can only talk about my experience with it , others my be totally different.
I had a heart attack ,not like on TV there they go AAAARRRR and keel over . More like ,indigestion especially when having sex .(sorry about that ,
but important ) I had to have a stint put in a closed artery. Before the op i asked the surgeon are there any side affects . He went through a few
one being depression .Not knowing much about it i thought " i wont get that ,i'm not the type " and forgot about it .
Out of hospital 2 days later and fixed .One year later i needed another stint after a similar feeling .In hospital 2 days .There quick and good . Home .
12 months later perfectly well i walked out side to go for a ride and felt dizzy .Very strange i thought ,queasy stomach .Eaten something bad i thought.
Next day fine .Next day bad .next day fine ,next day bad .1 week good .1 week bad .Dizzy ,sick feeling fast hear rate .
This went on for 6 months with doctor saying "nothing wrong with you " Started to doubt i own sanity.
Then something very strange happened .We were due to go to Superbikes at P.I . I got this feeling ,carnt go too far. Unheard of for me i've done it
10 times .Next day ,of cause i can go .Day after too far .Started to worry about if i was loosing it ,causing faster heart rate ,which of cause makes
you worry more causing even faster hear rate and so on and so . At this stage i' still have no idea whats wrong with me .Have lost 2 stone because
food is not inviting .Nauseous remember.
One night i am feeling really bad .I have a blood pressure machine to check blood pressure ( what else Very Happy ) OK is 120 \80
I'm getting 190\ 110 thats bad ,real bad . Like a panic attack i think .Bingo the "penny drops " .At last i find out why i feel so bad .
Panic Attack .
Now ive been blessed with a great homelife with a g\friend that i dearly love .No problems, and a life that has been great .Life has been fun .
And yet i now suffer panic attacks .Yet ,i have nothing to panic about .
You dont have to be depressed to suffer this .There were times i felt so bad i thought i carnt go one this way and started to think of way to end it
all .Daydreaming maybe i'm not sure .I do know that during it you carnt say "its just an attack ,dont worry " , For some reason you say "this is it
,i'm going to die . I should call an ambulance but that 's too embarrassing .I'll just die instead ."
At least when you know whats wrong ,there is help .When it gets explained that your brain is getting short changed of a cert ant chemical it doesnt
seem so bad .WE are all different ,I'm just short of a certain chemical .LIKE A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE,NO NEED TO FEEL EMBARRASSED ABOUT IT .
When i started on a "happy pill " it got worse .A lot worse .A week i just layed on the couch , and joined this forum .
Finally it got better ,a lot better . I've always been a bit of a loner and when i think back i have probably suffered from this all my life .
Things are good now with a pill to get the chemical balance right .THats all it is ,a little bit of of a certain chemical i'm short of .No big deal .
The worst part was not knowing .I could find nothing about feeling dizzy and yet here Reado said HE felt dizzy .
I wish i had read that 12 month ago . I never felt bad riding my bike .Yet i could get in a tiz about a footy score ,if the phone rang (bad news ? ) If
i was feeling bad and music was playing ,the next time i heard the same music i'd feel crook .No wonder it can bring you down .
Yet there is a happy ending ,we are complicated and cannot expect to be perfect .Still have a bad day ,but not often and if you accept that, hey,just
a bad day ,its fine .
Boy ,this has been a longer story than i expected .Hope it may help someone .Bring on superbikes i'm up for a ride ,longer the better . Very Happy

P.S. When i say "happy pill " its not like it makes you feel happy .It helps you feel NORMAL .You carnt take 2 and be "exta happy "
Be warned though if you are starting on them you will feel WORSE before better .Only about 2 week though .I have heard your body adjusts and you
can go off them .Yet to try that one .

Last edited by gus on Wed 09 Nov 2011, 8:33 am; edited 6 times in total
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Anxiety ,depression . - Page 5 Empty Re: Anxiety ,depression .

Post  Kiwisteve Fri 03 Oct 2014, 8:25 pm

lonelyshyone wrote:No a better life would be dead. To be with someone who did care I have given up.

LSO, pm your local forumites, I'm sure they would be up for a ride or to swap yarns with you. I know I'd be up for a ride, or a beer & a yarn if you're ever in e Coffs area.
Cheers, Steve

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Fri 03 Oct 2014, 10:06 pm

LSO if you need to talk I'm in Newcastle and so is Bosco I try not to ride in Double demerits but I'll make and exception if you like. Very Happy

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Fri 03 Oct 2014, 10:46 pm

You know its with interest that this post pops at the most interesting of times. As i have suffered from anxiety for a fair portion of my adult life, but only in the last 2 years has it been Diagnosed, once Diagnosed my Doctor sent me off to a Councillor for treatment, she gave me lots of Meditation and relaxation methods to help me cope, plus i went on a weight loss diet and and did regular exercise.

This worked most of the time and i could deal with one, two maybe three problems at one time, any more and the wheels fell of the cart, as any sufferer will tell you Christmas is a very stressful time and last christmas i had a complete melt down, locked myself in my office, for 2 days refused any assistance, thought really dark thoughts but i have real hatred of suicide, so i called a mate who is a mental health Councillor and he came over we sat down i told him what was going on, i cried a lot, I told him i was having dark thoughts and told him i sick of being broken, meditation and relaxation methods were not working and i didnt know what to do. He suggested medication which i was not to keen on, but Pete said they will make you feel better.

So its off to the doc's tell him whats going on, he prescribes Lamax 10mg so i start taking these and i start to cope better, things dont seem to bother me as much, my wife who has stuck by me throughout this nightmare loves it, my daughter doesn't fear her dad, and i enjoy life and i don't feel broken any more. Yes some people exceed the limitations of my medication and cop a gob full but i usually walk away count to ten take some deep breaths, remember its their problem not mine ( i work in employment services) smile and move on.

I suppose the more i talk about this the more people i discover are fellow sufferers. i have chosen to tell people what is wrong with me so that if i go off its not me its the Anxiety, and all i ask for is Understanding.

Please dont suffer in silence do something about it

If taking medication make me have a normal life, and if i have to take a happy pill till the day i die then so be it and there is no shame in it either and by the way if you are on anti anxiety medication you may have noticed that what may have taken 3 minutes now takes 20 or 30 minutes, i love it but Tracy gets a bit over it  Rolling Eyes  

Regards

Jim

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Fri 03 Oct 2014, 10:58 pm

Jimcoleman wrote:
 by the way if you are on anti anxiety medication you may have noticed that what may have taken 3 minutes now takes 20 or 30 minutes, i love it but Tracy gets a bit over it  Rolling Eyes  

Regards

Jim

So Jim, you must like your eggs really, really hard boiled. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 04 Oct 2014, 7:45 am

For what it's worth Jim has steered me through some dark and confusing times. We have very similar triggers and responses. 

When I think about it apart from Melody and a couple of others who know me very well there is 3 blokes on here who picked up on "something" a couple of yrs ago. One of them sent me a PM after I disappeared for a while and suggested I had "issues" in a nice way and I'll always remember Jims Velvet Sledgehammer remark. 

It wasn't until I cried in the car on the way home from the gym that I took it seriously and did my own research. I've been to my Dr. I'm seeing a Psychologist. No pills for me at this stage.

The point I'm trying to make is that for a bunch of bike riding blokes (mostly) we're understanding and supportive.  So open up and let people in. You won't be judged.  

Have a good day people.  I have a red pill and a graphite pill in the garage. I'll be taking one today and one tomorrow.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sat 04 Oct 2014, 8:33 am

That reminds me , take my " happy pill" so feel normal .
Ive never had anxiety due to problems ,it just used to "kick in  "  when I guess , a certain chemical got low . Half way through a sentence , oh shit,
I feel crap , then I go very quiet as heart heads towards "redline". Embarassed Laughing
Or when a flatmate invited the pub back to our place after a Cold Chisel concert . The front steps got taken out buy the hire BUS . What was be on . Razz
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxwell Sun 05 Oct 2014, 4:58 pm

How do you change your user name please

Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sun 05 Oct 2014, 6:42 pm

lonelyshyone wrote:How do you change your user name please
I have never done it , but you could try changing your user name in your profile .................click on profile at the to of the home page

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Sun 05 Oct 2014, 8:40 pm

I reckon Admin would have to do that 

(that's how it is on the forum that I'm one of the Admin, the other one I'm a Mod on is the same, it has to be a Administrator)
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwisteve Sun 05 Oct 2014, 8:42 pm

Yep, looks like Paul has nailed it by going into your profile at the top of the home page

Cruise n Comfort seat cover
Kiwisteve
Kiwisteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Re-Cycled Sun 05 Oct 2014, 9:44 pm

paul wrote:
I have never done it , but you could try changing your user name in your profile .................click on profile at the to of the home page

That's how I did it way back when... Laughing

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 05 Oct 2014, 9:47 pm

Re-Cycled wrote:
paul wrote:

That's how I did it way back when... Laughing
I changed mine to 4wheelsagain and changed it back a while ago so its done via the profile.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 26 Jul 2015, 7:48 pm

A lot of new members so =Bump .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Mon 27 Jul 2015, 9:55 am

Hope you're ok Gus. Smile
Have you got back into the surf yet?

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Tue 31 May 2016, 6:47 pm

I'm doing good ,how's everyone else travelling ?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 31 May 2016, 10:15 pm

All good here Gus. Had a moment at work a month ago and laid my cards on the table. Was good to set a few things straight.

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosco15 Wed 01 Jun 2016, 6:36 am

2wheelsagain wrote: laid my cards on the table. Was good to set a few things straight.

Does that beat a Royal flush? I never was any good at Poker. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 01 Jun 2016, 6:44 am

I did that .some guy wanted me to set up street signs on a outback footpath and use a STOP - SLOW bat on pedestrians .I told him he had lost the plot and walked off ., Last time I saw him he was showing STOP to a dog . I lost it and gave him a huge serve (twice) .
I realised I was over that job and quit the next day .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Wed 01 Jun 2016, 8:36 am

Haha. Once you give some people in power it goes to their head. Smile
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  barry_mcki Wed 01 Jun 2016, 10:29 am

How's the planned migration south going Gus ?

Anxiety ,depression . - Page 5 Sideca10

Red 2007 GSF-1250S with SRK Premier Sidecar
barry_mcki
barry_mcki

http://g.co/maps/vb84k

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Wed 01 Jun 2016, 9:47 pm

gus wrote:I'm doing good ,how's everyone else travelling ?
Not sure how to answer this with all that's going on with the missus at the moment ...............every emotion every day .

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Chook Thu 02 Jun 2016, 7:00 am

paul wrote:
Not sure how to answer this with all that's going on with the missus at the moment ...............every emotion every day .
I've been meaning to give you a call to see how everything is going, I'll do it in the next few days, take care mate
Chook
Chook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  truck Thu 02 Jun 2016, 9:13 am

gus wrote:I did that .some guy wanted me to set up street signs on a outback footpath and use a STOP - SLOW bat on pedestrians .I told him he had lost the plot and walked off ., Last time I saw him he was showing STOP to a dog . I lost it and gave him a huge serve (twice) .
I realised I was over that job and quit the next day .

With respect gus- if that scene was on a Benny Hill /variety type show it would be funny.

Anyway hope everyone is going OK.
truck
truck

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Thu 02 Jun 2016, 9:33 pm

Chook wrote:
paul wrote:
I've been meaning to give you a call to see how everything is going, I'll do it in the next few days, take care mate
Ok , speak to you soon  Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum