R.I.P Marco

View previous topic View next topic Go down

R.I.P Marco

Post  lliquidlen on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 3:54 am

What an awful night, what an awful sight.

http://espn.go.com/racing/story/_/id/7140167/marco-simoncelli-24-dies-crash-motogp-malaysian-race

Say a prayer for Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi, both of whom will be in their own private hell for their part in an accident not of their making and one that they could never have avoided, Marco is gone but these two fine men and great friends of Marco will be inconsolable, may God grant them strength to ride this one out and thank you Marco for being such a shining light in this all too serious sport.

R.I.P. Mate.

lliquidlen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P Marco

Post  kewwig on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 7:29 am

Very sad. I was shocked to see how his helmet flew off in the collision. I know the forces are high, but that shouldn't happen.
kewwig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 8:35 am

Well said Chris. My thoughts exactly.
Now lets watch people try to ban the sport!

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bikes ~
Graphite 2014 VFR1200F - How Fast Do You Want To Tour?
Silver 2014 MV Agusta B3 Brutale 800 - Triple Treat
2wheelsagain
Admin

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  lliquidlen on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:14 am

Words fail me at this time and I am filled with a terrible emptiness, there is an old but true saying that God takes only the best and sadly in my 48 years following this great sport faces flash past me, John Hartle, Joey Dunlop, Vic Hislop, David Jefferies, Daijiro Kato (Both in 2003) Mike (The Bike) Hailwood, Barry (Bazza) Sheene#7 also 2003.

Sadly many of these did not die doing what they loved but they all died too young.

Below is a list of all the men and women who died on the track, with Marco's name already listed there.

As we grieve let us remember the great joy and pride we felt to be just a little part of what makes us different to all those cannot call themselves "Motorcyclists" from the Postie Bike to the MotoGp monsters.

The Link below is the honor roll of those that lost their lives on the track

Thank you all and stay in Gods arms forever.

http://www.ozebook.com/gpwin/documents/24.html

lliquidlen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:47 am

Well said... What a horrible sight and a terrible tragedy. You would not wish that to your worst enemy. I shed a tear last night and drank way too many drinks to get to sleep. RIP Marco... a sad sad day for sure.

One thing that does need to come from this accident is that MotoGP must work on communicating what is going on e.g. Person X has been injured and due to the seriousness of the injuries the race has been cancelled/postponed..... Hearing the crowd boo and yell when they were told the race was cancelled was absolutely disgraceful. I am sickened by these people that call themselves fans.
reddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 11:17 am

A very sad day indeed for the whole "Bikers World" The only hope I have is that he ( Marco ) did not suffer too long. As Chris has said, the other riders must be going through hell. I hope it is not too soon to make this next comment, but before people start trying to ban Bike racing, just stop and think of how fast and dangerous this sport is and then compare it to " rock fishing ", which is the highest fatality sport in the World.
Hammy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lliquidlen on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 11:38 am

Too true Hammy and a point to note that with the exception of Valentino, the contracts of all the other riders state that they are ONLY allowed to ride motorcycles on the track and even Val can only ride scooters on the road.

What happened to Marco was a bloody miracle as what should have been a simple low side that would normally have caused him to slide into the sand pit, somehow his driving wheel (Rear) caught on the tarmac and dragged itself and Marco back onto the track inexorably into the path of Val and Colin, I have never seen this happen before and hope to never see it happen again.

The thought that those two men only have days to get ready to do it all again is frightening, God give them strength to do it again for Marco.

lliquidlen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 2:41 pm

It's totally unbelievable. A helmet coming off in a crash is nigh on unheard of. When I first saw the footage live I initially thought the worst and straight away I felt sick. Unfortunately I can not erase that footage playing over in my mind and it is still making me feel sick thinking of it.
reddog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron on Mon 24 Oct 2011, 5:55 pm

RIP Marco Simoncelli

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content