Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ride around the block

5 posters

Go down

ride around the block  Empty ride around the block

Post  Jimcoleman Wed 28 Sep 2011, 8:53 pm

school holidays gotta take time off to look after the girl but shes a 11 and dads only slighly cool now he owns a bike. keely informs me shes ditching dad for a sleep over at friends. cool

rustled up a few mates lets go for a ride to bombala, ride down the bonang. orbost for lunch, up to cann river, cann vally highway to imlay rd play dodge the b double log trucks, back to the princes hwy just as we get to the highway it starts raining well it had been threating all day in to eden, and home to mermbula .

found two things about the bonang one is there some bloody dirt sections that was a bit scary and geezus its windey which i have to was most fun but i was pretty shagged by the time i got to orbost even my mate pete on his dr650 had a ball even if it was to show us all up on the dirt sections

what better way to spend a wednesday with a ride around the block
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

ride around the block  Empty ride around the block

Post  paul Wed 28 Sep 2011, 10:10 pm

glad you had a great ride its always good to get in an unexpected ride Very Happy ( you could have played it down a bit though so those of us who had to work on a wednesday don`t feel so bad cause they missed out Sad )

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

ride around the block  Empty Re: ride around the block

Post  Jimcoleman Thu 29 Sep 2011, 6:23 am

my apologies paul
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Thu 29 Sep 2011, 7:45 am

paul wrote:glad you had a great ride its always good to get in an unexpected ride Very Happy ( you could have played it down a bit though so those of us who had to work on a wednesday don`t feel so bad cause they missed out Sad )

lol! Agree

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Thu 29 Sep 2011, 9:43 pm

My bike's been tucked away since last weeks ride back from the 'Monaro' area... weather up here crap and doesn't look like it's going to improve in a hurry.. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Thu 29 Sep 2011, 9:48 pm

next time i do this ride to orbost on the way home instead of going up the highway to cann river going to slip through marlo and back to the highway at cabbage tree told its very nice
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 10:01 pm

Gutsy move taking the Bonang. I did it in the XR6 and that was enough to convinve me that it would be too much hard work on the Bandit (for me at least). Those 'dirt' bits (2 of them) were full of chunky rocks and would have been crap to negotiate on the bike. And the sign that says Orbost 125kms is quickly followed by a sign that says Windy Rd Next 125kms. A GSXR-600 might be more of a weapon on that kind of road but with a log truck potentially lurking around every corner, it would be bloody scary. In the XR6 I encountered one clown P-plater coming the other way at rediculous speed and all over the road - may have been life-threatening if I'd been on the bike. He ran me off the road as it was. I won't be going back in this lifetime!
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Thu 29 Sep 2011, 10:03 pm

Ewok1958 wrote:Gutsy move taking the Bonang. I did it in the XR6 and that was enough to convinve me that it would be too much hard work on the Bandit (for me at least). Those 'dirt' bits (2 of them) were full of chunky rocks and would have been crap to negotiate on the bike. And the sign that says Orbost 125kms is quickly followed by a sign that says Windy Rd Next 125kms. A GSXR-600 might be more of a weapon on that kind of road but with a log truck potentially lurking around every corner, it would be bloody scary. In the XR6 I encountered one clown P-plater coming the other way at rediculous speed and all over the road - may have been life-threatening if I'd been on the bike. He ran me off the road as it was. I won't be going back in this lifetime!

I steer well clear of dirt roads whenever I can! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimcoleman Fri 30 Sep 2011, 5:49 am

the gravel wasn't that bad i just took it very carefully but what laid beyond the gravel was awesome, traffic wise must of just jagged it saw 4 cars only two were 4wd commercials and two were volvo's mmm must be volvo territory in them there hills
Jimcoleman
Jimcoleman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down