Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride from Sydney to Lakes Entrance & return...

5 posters

Go down

Ride from Sydney to Lakes Entrance & return... Empty Ride from Sydney to Lakes Entrance & return...

Post  Bhoffo Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:56 pm

Last Saturday the 17th Sept. took off and met 3 friends down at the Caltex garage at Luddenham outside of Penrith... We'd been planning this trip for a few months and the day had finally arrived to go! The ride took us via Picton and Kangaroo Valley to the coast where we had our first night at Batemans Bay.

Unfortunately one of the guys (John) got some news that his wife who was in Europe on a holiday was sick and returning home... John decided to carry on with us for another day and we arrived at Lakes Entrance the second night. John left the 3rd day out and returned home by himself which left me and the 2 others to ride around the area. Went through some truly spectacular scenery around 'Buchan' and had the best ride ever from Cann River to Bombala on our way home Very Happy - getting back to my own bed yesterday (22nd Sept).

Tracked most of the ride and a there's a bit more of a story + photos on the "Every Trail" site where I uploaded the ride to... this is the link if anyone is interested... http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1297704

Still learning how to use the phone tracking 'app' properly and put photos up.. some are out of order but you'll get the idea and at some locations I turned the 'app' off when I meant to turn it on.. Indicates in one place that we were doing over 400km/h which I also don't think is quite correct - even for a Bandit! Shocked

The Bandit ran like an expensive Swiss watch - beautiful; started within 1/2 a second of pressing the starter every time and apart from the sprint up from Cann River I was easily getting close to 420km per tank (That run it went down closer to 350km's) - no cause for any complaints at all... Very Happy

Last edited by Bhoffo on Sat 24 Sep 2011, 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)

Back to top Go down

Ride from Sydney to Lakes Entrance & return... Empty Re: Ride from Sydney to Lakes Entrance & return...

Post  2wheelsagain Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:22 pm

Mate hat 90km from Cann River to Bombala is a ripper.
Glad you had a blast riding my roads :-)

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Ride from Sydney to Lakes Entrance & return... Empty re ride from sydney to lakes entrance and return

Post  paul Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:04 pm

great pics. nothing like getting away on the bike for a while is there . Very Happy

paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Ride from Sydney to Lakes Entrance & return... Empty Re: Ride from Sydney to Lakes Entrance & return...

Post  Re-Cycled Fri 23 Sep 2011, 10:19 pm

Well done, but you should call the Guinness people it shows you doing over 1200kph a one point Shocked

Thanks for the report, hopefully I'll have something to share next week, off for 3 days including Oxley Highway and roads around Grafton and Dorrigo Twisted Evil

2007 DL1000 V Strom
Re-Cycled
Re-Cycled

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154520904856/

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Sat 24 Sep 2011, 3:21 pm

Re-Cycled wrote:hopefully I'll have something to share next week, off for 3 days including Oxley Highway and roads around Grafton and Dorrigo Twisted Evil
You must be reading my mind Peter, I've been thinking of doing the same thing but taking longer and midweek

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhoffo Sat 24 Sep 2011, 6:44 pm

Re-Cycled wrote:Well done, but you should call the Guinness people it shows you doing over 1200kph a one point Shocked

Thanks for the report, hopefully I'll have something to share next week, off for 3 days including Oxley Highway and roads around Grafton and Dorrigo Twisted Evil

I'd like to go back up to that part of the world too...that road west of Port Macquarie is meant to be pretty good! Smile As for the speed - don't know how the GPS can get that part wrong?? Question

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down