Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Bike pictures - on the right track?

+6
Reardo
Saikhan
gus
b12mick
2wheelsagain
Ironman
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Project Bike pictures - on the right track? Empty Project Bike pictures - on the right track?

Post  Ironman Wed 17 Aug 2011, 2:24 pm

Project Bike pictures - on the right track? Imag0015
It's not finished yet. Still want to do a few things but wanted to see what you guys thought.
Cheers. FT.
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Project Bike pictures - on the right track? Empty Re: Project Bike pictures - on the right track?

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 17 Aug 2011, 2:32 pm

Very nice. It needs to be ridden though Smile
What bars have you used? I like the bend.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Project Bike pictures - on the right track? Empty Re: Project Bike pictures - on the right track?

Post  b12mick Wed 17 Aug 2011, 2:45 pm

Nice. I'm just not sure about the pillion grab bar. Looks like an after thought.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Wed 17 Aug 2011, 2:51 pm

The bars are close to Renthal Superbike Ultralows but these are chrome plated steel and were on the bike when I got it.
But yeah, nice and flat. The grab handle idea was taken from my 650F. The top triple, fuel filler "ring" and this handle are the same colour across the top of the bike. The rear just needed something other than the red and black.
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 17 Aug 2011, 3:13 pm

I like a lot (except grab handle )Did you spray air box sides and side cover flat black .They seem to match .I did mine the other day. To me
they look better black than grey .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Wed 17 Aug 2011, 3:29 pm

No, I haven't touched them yet. I was going to match the side covers to the tank and frame and was going to do the "Gus treatment" to the airbox.
What did you use Gus, to do yours?
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Wed 17 Aug 2011, 5:41 pm

Full Throttle wrote:No, I haven't touched them yet. I was going to match the side covers to the tank and frame and was going to do the "Gus treatment" to the airbox.
What did you use Gus, to do yours?

WHAT!!!! Put it in the oven and melt it. Very Happy
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 17 Aug 2011, 5:58 pm

I just used Flat black .It sticks to the air box but only just .if you put masking tape on it and then remove it the paint comes with it .Same as rear fender .I didnt do any prep though in case i didnt like it (easyer to remove ).One day i'm going to have to do it ALL again with etch primer and
undercoat .Ive given up trying to match the colour ,it never works out for me .Looks good in the shade but way off in sunshine .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Wed 17 Aug 2011, 6:23 pm

Looks good. (except 4the grab rail). So do u have two Bandits then?

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Wed 17 Aug 2011, 6:33 pm

I have 3. All different.
I reckon if I had a different view showing along the top and front to back, you would see why I did the handle gold - I was chasing a balance between front and back.
In the flesh I find eyes are drawn to the engine side covers, fuel tank and top triple the most.

Last edited by Full Throttle on Wed 17 Aug 2011, 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Wed 17 Aug 2011, 6:39 pm

Full Throttle wrote:I have 3. All different.
Cool. Have you got a photo of them all together?

*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
Reardo
Reardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Wed 17 Aug 2011, 6:43 pm

Only inside the garage where the lighting is crap.
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Wed 17 Aug 2011, 7:05 pm

Gee its clean .Anyone can buy a new bike ,but keeping it looking like that takes effort , well done .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Thu 18 Aug 2011, 4:30 pm

Full Throttle wrote:I have 3. All different.
I reckon if I had a different view showing along the top and front to back, you would see why I did the handle gold - I was chasing a balance between front and back.
In the flesh I find eyes are drawn to the engine side covers, fuel tank and top triple the most.

I don't think you achieved the balance you were looking for.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Thu 18 Aug 2011, 5:51 pm

So if the grab handle was red, would that fix it?
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Thu 18 Aug 2011, 6:02 pm

Full Throttle wrote:So if the grab handle was red, would that fix it?
Maybe gold fork legs would look better then the grab rail?

Reardo
Reardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Wed 24 Aug 2011, 7:11 pm

Now I'm trying to have the red colour matched. Proving to be difficult.... or the company / service person isn't interested.
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:58 am

Updated image - was taken 7 days ago on the way to meet up with Gus. Note changed the colour of the swingarm pivot covers and bar ends. Not alot I know but now this is from the seldom photographed left hand side. And this was taken with my phone so the colours are not correct - the Candy Red looks washed out in the picture.Project Bike pictures - on the right track? Imag0018
Top triple, bar ends, fuel filler, pillion grab handle and foot peg weights now gold
Gold RK chain, gold rim stickers, repainted oil cooler - centre stand and horn, polished all engine covers (removed clear coating and repolished), polished all bodywork and frame, polished all footpeg brackets, scrubbed the bike to an inch of it's life all over (Gus can vouch for this), changed all fluids - filters - plugs, checked all adjustable things to specifications and readjusted (valves are next and then rebalance carbs). Since the Wife has put the brakes on my project for a while, I'm reduced to doing stuff the requires little or no $...... nothing. Mad
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  Pops Mon 12 Sep 2011, 11:04 am

Looks very neat & I thought I was fussy with having things clean, but I agree that the grab handle stands out a bit.

Red 2015 GSF 1250S
Pops
Pops

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Mon 12 Sep 2011, 11:26 am

I suppose the gold kinda goes with the red, and the colour of the headers, as they become goldish with the heat. My Red 1200 Bandit is currently on the jack. Both wheels off. Forks, Headers and Staintune off. I think I have run out of things to clean and buff Sad . Am now waiting for bits to come to put her back together. Very Happy . Got rid of that ugly little puney horn and fitted a nice 133db one up under the front cowling. Wires reached. Sounds great. affraid
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Mon 12 Sep 2011, 12:02 pm

Finally a photo worth taking of the left hand side of a Bandit Wink

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironman Tue 13 Sep 2011, 8:33 pm

I really like my gold handle. Dunno why - I just do and can't get rid of it. Gus spotted me with it easily the other week.
The Gold fork legs idea is something I'm seriously considering. Add the same belly pan Pops did to his K6 (body coloured) and body colour the side panels on the frame (the satin grey ones) they might go well. I have all the paint ready to go but the $64 question is Silver or Gold?
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  Hammy Tue 13 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

I think some of the old GSX's had gold forks, and maybe some had gold brake calipers. I like the idea of personalising your ride, just as long as you don't go too far. Smile
Hammy
Hammy

Back to top Go down

Project Bike pictures - on the right track? Empty Nearly finished

Post  Ironman Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:49 am

How's this? 5 hours work to do the forks.
Project Bike pictures - on the right track? 100_3411
Ironman
Ironman

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:16 am

Gets the thumbs up from me bounce

~ My YouTube Channel ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next