Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheap ass fix for uncomfortable seat.

3 posters

Go down

seat - Cheap ass fix for uncomfortable seat. Empty Cheap ass fix for uncomfortable seat.

Post  b12mick Tue 16 Aug 2011, 11:04 am

My lovely wife has been whinging for the last 12 months about how uncomfortable the seat on her Monster is.

We priced up getting the seat 'remoulded', the best price we got was $250. She also priced up an Air Hawk seat cover, that was going to cost around $120.00.

Anyway, last weekend I was at BBQ's Galore, and while I was just wondering through I saw blow up camp pillows for $7.00 each. At that moment it struck me that an Air Hawk seat cover is nothing more than a fancy blow up seat cushion. So I lashed out the $7.00 and bought it.

On Sunday I 'fitted' the blow up pillow to the seat. Well, I took the sheepskin cover off, put the pillow on the seat and refitted the sheepskin. We then went for a short ride. After a few K's we stopped and repositioned the pillow a bit further foward on the seat. When we got home she was well impressed, and with a little more finessing on how much air is in the pillow, I think we have a winner.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

seat - Cheap ass fix for uncomfortable seat. Empty Re: Cheap ass fix for uncomfortable seat.

Post  sb1250 Tue 16 Aug 2011, 11:15 am

I remember a one of my touring mates used the bladder from the 4litre casks of wine as an inflatable seat cushion - worked a treat! It then doubled as his water storage bag once we got to camp.

Mods included...
Home made rad guard
IXIL muffler
Pro-oiler
stebel nautilus compact horn
Xenon 55w 4300k HID (low beam only)
Ventura Rack
Did have Bandit Mania "Chin" spoiler (belly pan) RIP... Sad 
Barkbuster Storm hand guards
Removed rubber dampers from tool kit area - Gus' idea
sb1250
sb1250

Back to top Go down

seat - Cheap ass fix for uncomfortable seat. Empty Re: Cheap ass fix for uncomfortable seat.

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:00 pm

I sometimes think I'm lucky carrying around my own seat padding lol!
Sounds like a cheap fix for some.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Tue 16 Aug 2011, 3:19 pm

2wheelsagain wrote:I sometimes think I'm lucky carrying around my own seat padding lol!
Sounds like a cheap fix for some.

She lost over 20kg, hence the need for artificial padding.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down