Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Temperature

3 posters

Go down

Oil Temperature Empty Oil Temperature

Post  Reardo Sat 23 Jul 2011, 11:03 pm

I've seen a couple of bloke on here say they would like a Oil Temperature guage. Have a go at one of these.
Oil Temperature Suzuki cap

or similar
Oil Temperature For Suzuki GSX550/GSF600/VS750........
Or something like this
COMBINATION OIL DRAIN PLUG + TEMPERATURE SENDER UNIT

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Oil Temperature Empty Re: Oil Temperature

Post  gus Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:13 am

I had one like the first one on a GS1000 but i never quite understood it .From a hazzy memory the pointer sat on about 3 like the picture which
is too small a reading for checking on the move .You really want the pointer to be middle so a quick glance says "good "
I do like the idea of the third one wih a dial near the guages though .Anyone know anything about temp guages and what the reading should be ?
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Sun 24 Jul 2011, 1:38 pm

While the gauges in the first 2 links will give you a rough indication of the temp inside the crankcase (air temps with a little oil splashing on the probe), it won't give a true indication of the actual engine oil temp as it isn't always immersed in the oil. It's a guide tho
The last link will be best if you want a true indication of oil temps but brings with it the need for a gauge of some sort that you'll need to mount somewhere. Also need to be mindfull of the wiring being knocked off or the sender being damaged in some way as it may hang a little lower than the OEM sump plug.

IMO you'd be better off getting a coolant temp gauge first to keep an eye on coolant temps while you ride (if you have the water cooled 1250 that is). if coolant temps are going up then it's a given that oil temps are going up as well.
If you get the right gear you could even tap into the temp sender that is already in the system.

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:34 pm

Thats what my Aprilia has and its real handy .I blew an oil pressure switch once and the red oil light came on in the middle of nowhere .
By keeping an eye on the temp i decided to keep riding and get home .Risky i know but i had a switch go before so kind of new the signs .
Turned out to be the cover cup was full of water .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down