Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ebay levers

+7
reddog
Dekenai
Ewok1958
Baz
gus
Saikhan
moto1
11 posters

Go down

ebay levers  Empty ebay levers

Post  moto1 Mon 11 Jul 2011, 2:44 pm

Hi everyone I need to replace my brake lever as it was bent recently due to a little mishap I had on the weekend all due to my silliness and a over enthusiastic throttle ! What a Face - my question is has anyone ever had any issues with Pazzo knock off Levers from ebay ? a brake lever from Suzuki is a little pricey at $100.
moto1
moto1

Back to top Go down

ebay levers  Empty Re: ebay levers

Post  Saikhan Mon 11 Jul 2011, 2:54 pm

I have had them on for ages and not a single issue. They haven't corroded or degraded in any way.

If you set the clutch side to 1 it won't engage the clutch switch and the bike wont start, no other issues.
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Mon 11 Jul 2011, 4:22 pm

I just went to a bike shop .None gen. $16 .
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Mon 11 Jul 2011, 6:05 pm

Saikhan wrote:

If you set the clutch side to 1 it won't engage the clutch switch and the bike wont start, no other issues.

sounds like a cheap anti-theft device

Kawa GPZ900R
Hyo GV650 Aquila
GSF1250SA Bandit
GSX1250FA
currently BMW R1200RT
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 11 Jul 2011, 6:13 pm

I paid $30 to replace the clutch lever with a genuine article.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Dekenai Mon 11 Jul 2011, 7:48 pm

I've got a gold pair and they have faded to a very pale yellow quite quickly...may not happen with the other colours and for the price I don't care, they work fine and have a really nice feel to them.
Dekenai
Dekenai

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Mon 11 Jul 2011, 9:24 pm

Knock offs here. Black with red adjusters. Very happy with them and has the problem mentioned above.
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  rolls Tue 12 Jul 2011, 9:56 am

I have a pair of 'knock off' levers, $48 delivered. They are silver and the shorter two finger type. I've had them for about ten months and fully endorse them. They are machined from one piece aluminium. Go China!

Only problem, as Saikhan pointed out that setting one on the clutch side won't engage the start switch, but I like Baz's idea for an anti theft device.

Tony.

rolls
rolls

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Tue 12 Jul 2011, 12:22 pm

rolls wrote:I have a pair of 'knock off' levers, $48 delivered. They are silver and the shorter two finger type. I've had them for about ten months and fully endorse them. They are machined from one piece aluminium. Go China!

Only problem, as Saikhan pointed out that setting one on the clutch side won't engage the start switch, but I like Baz's idea for an anti theft device.

Tony.

My 18 year old son (who rides dirt bikes) wouldn't let up on me to take it for a run one day when we were out. I flicked the clutch side to the first position without him seeing and said "ok if you can start it you can ride it". I rode home. Smile
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  reddog Tue 12 Jul 2011, 2:47 pm

^Hahaha

I was playing around with mine whilst out on a ride, came home opened the gate and shut the bike off as my 18 month old came to greet me. Went to start it and the f'ing thing wouldnt fire... contemplated what went wrong and then the penny dropped Razz lesson learnt
reddog
reddog

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Tue 12 Jul 2011, 6:56 pm

Got them on mine: http://kewwibike.blogspot.com/2010/12/new-levers.html

8 months old and like new. No quality issues at all
kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  matt Tue 12 Jul 2011, 7:58 pm

i got same levers drilled small hole and put small pin about 3 to4mm wide about 5mm longer filled to suit switch so it would activate all good now
matt
matt

Back to top Go down

Post  moto1 Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:18 am

my fleebay levers have arrived now, any tricks or suggestions to installing them.
I noticed that there seems to be only one pivot screw/bolt on each side that needs to be removed is this correct guys ?
moto1
moto1

Back to top Go down

Post  kewwig Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:34 am

Yep. A nut underneath. Pop that off first, then back out the bolt. Don't overtighten them or they will bind. Clear out any crud and a light smear of grease is good.

The clutch side has a brass cylinder with a hole that you will need to swap across to the new lever. When you put that lever in, the hole in the cylinder lines up with the pushrod for the clutch master cylinder. A smear of grease holds it in place.

The brake side is even easier.

Just make sure you tighten the bolt to a little more than finger tight so nothing binds. The nuts should be self locking, but sometimes they are not so I use a drop of blue loctite.

kewwig
kewwig

Back to top Go down

Post  moto1 Wed 28 Sep 2011, 11:06 am

Thanks for the guide kewwig helped me out heaps all good now, these new levers feel feel great much better than the standard ones. Correct position 1 does not activate the starter but I don't need that setting anyway.
moto1
moto1

Back to top Go down

Post  spike47 Wed 13 May 2015, 6:58 pm

I got some delivered yesterday and fitted them today. All good except the bike wont start on positions 1,2 and 3 which is a bummer cause position 4 and up is unsuitable for my hand. Also on positions 1 and 2 the clutch is slightly engaged, Is there any adjustment I can make to the clutch assy to remedy this issue?

Cheers,
Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down