Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clothing tips

+6
CHERRY1
b12mick
Dmaxhall
Cameron
dhula
solerida
10 posters

Go down

Clothing tips Empty Clothing tips

Post  solerida Sun 01 Nov 2009, 9:54 pm

Just wondering what sort of Jackets you lot like to wear......OR would like to wear?

I have an old Dry Rider Nordic2....Great for winter, but bloody hot in summer.
A mate gave me his Rivet AirStream jacket...has kevlar mesh vents in front and under arms, but if the weather turned, its to bloody cold. It be perfect for the Tropics i reckon.

What i'm after is a good all rounder, something you can use with a liner for the colder months and has (zippered?) air vents for the warmer months. And not to much $$ appx $ 300 i suppose.
Haven't been in a bike shop or looked online for ages to see whats available at the moment.

Got a set of Dragon Jeans a few years ago and i think there pretty good ( AND they still fit ), so i'm just after a jacket for me and the misses and gloves.

Any tips please?

.Solerida.
solerida
solerida

Back to top Go down

Clothing tips Empty Re: Clothing tips

Post  dhula Mon 02 Nov 2009, 12:54 am

i have one of these that i picked up for ~$180 a the local bike show earlier this year.
i also have one of these that i'm not using due to the size being one too small (it's weird cause it fits spot on everywhere except for the sleeves which are about 1-2 inches too short for my liking other than that it's an awsome jacket. maybe i've got rang-a-tang arms). my wife has one and she recons it's great.
they have a liner for winter and zippered vents for winter.

i also have one of these for truly summer riding

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  solerida Mon 02 Nov 2009, 1:37 am

Thanks dhula, will check them out.
solerida
solerida

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Mon 02 Nov 2009, 7:20 pm

At the moment i have a joe rocket leather jacket. Also a dri rider for winter, but really dont wear it much, i like a leather jacket.
Will be upgrading soon, maybe alpinestar?
Cameron
Cameron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmaxhall Mon 02 Nov 2009, 7:55 pm

I also run the Motodry Demon jacket for my daily commuting. Liner is warm in Winter and vents front and rear for summer. Not a bad jacket.

Wear draggin jeans most days but bought some Tiger Angel Element Pants which I use for touring http://www.tigerangel.com.au/frontpage.html

I have found the tiger angels to be great for touring in all (and I mean ALL Suspect ) weather.

My leather jacket is an RJays Tattoo jacket. I use it sometimes but prefer a 3/4 Textile for most riding.

Go try stuff and see what you like.
Dmaxhall
Dmaxhall

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Mon 02 Nov 2009, 9:43 pm

I prefer to wear textile jackets. I find that unless you're wearing matching jacket and pants zipped together, leather jackets tend to ride up in an off. Yes I'm speaking from personal experience.

The only downfall with textile jackets is if you have a fair dinkum off you can pretty well throw the jacket away. Again, I speak from experience, although it did it's job and my skin stayed attached to my body, and the armour stopped any damage to bones.

good quality leather with armour will last for years, unless you have a "Motogp career ending" type crash.

At the moment I've got an RJays TourX jacket, similar to the Dri Rider Rallyx jacket but about $150.00 cheaper.

I wear the Rjays jacket all year round, just remove are insert the thermal liner as required. Yes it does get a bit warm when you're not moving, but any jacket will.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  CHERRY1 Wed 11 Nov 2009, 5:21 pm

I curently use a R Jays Expedition jacket and pants, Rossi boots (these are VERY comfortable) and RST waterproof gloves.
What bothers me is that short of wearing a complete waxed cotton jacket and pants over my regular wear (as above) which is a little uncomfortable and bulky, the last two times I have ridden in heavy rain for more than a couple hours I have gotten completely saturated. I thought this stuff was supposed to be waterproof??????? Mad
I am carefull about zips, folds etc. and use " Rain off" overgloves but it seems nothinf but the full waxed cotton gear works.
I've been riding on and off for about 43 yrs, you would think I had it sussed by now, but i don't think any of this textile stuff is waterproof? Am I wrong?
Love to hear any good ideas?
CHERRY1
CHERRY1

Back to top Go down

Post  tj1 Wed 11 Nov 2009, 8:35 pm

I have an RJays textile Voyager 2 jacket and matching pants for winter riding, these are windproof and water proof, once the temp gets over about 20deg I swap to my Dri rider Air mesh jacket with zip out liner (also waterproof, light rain) and Draggin jeans, wear my Dri Rider boots all year round.
tj1
tj1

Back to top Go down

Post  2wheelsagain Wed 11 Nov 2009, 8:49 pm

My DriRider Nordic jacket kept me dry in a storm that was heavy enough to stop the speedo working (WTF?) I also have a couple of MotoDry jackets that work well. I only wear summer gloves throughout the year and none of them are water proof. I have seen dish washing gloves over riding gloves.

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisbandit Thu 12 Nov 2009, 7:17 am

I have just purchased a dri-rider nordic-pro, it has breathable arms chest and shoulder zips. I have recently returned from a trip where the temp ranged from 10 to 36 degC, with the combination of the liner and zips I was pretty comfortable most of the time.

I payed $259.00 for it at Bikemart, reduced due to new season stock.

I also have an rjays summer jacket, useless in wet and cold, problem is when you go away you never have enough room to pack 2 jackets, I also have an rjays winter jacket, cant remember the style, however at 36 its hot, it may be worth checking out the Nordic-Pro
chrisbandit
chrisbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  solerida Thu 12 Nov 2009, 6:41 pm

Thanks for all the replys people.
I'll be looking into the RJays line for sure.
Love my Dri-Rider, great winter jacket.
solerida
solerida

Back to top Go down

Post  step_andy Fri 20 Nov 2009, 9:14 pm

I have two; leather for winter and mesh jacket for hot days.
Bought both from the US.

step_andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum