Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there any such thing as a really waterprooof jacket?

+11
grahame
2010banditsa
matt
step_andy
bruiser2310
gus
Four40
b12mick
ClaytonFirth
boomer
smitty
15 posters

Go down

Is there any such thing as a really waterprooof jacket? Empty Is there any such thing as a really waterprooof jacket?

Post  smitty Wed 13 Apr 2011, 8:22 am

I am getting really cranky when I get caught in rain and I get wet through seams and zips on my current jacket.

Does anybody have a waterproof jacket that is REALLY waterproof?

Canberra

GSF1200s K6
smitty
smitty

Back to top Go down

Is there any such thing as a really waterprooof jacket? Empty Re: Is there any such thing as a really waterprooof jacket?

Post  boomer Wed 13 Apr 2011, 8:52 am

yes there is!

i was caught out in the rain last Sunday (rather torrential at times) heading back to Randwick from Wallacia.
took my wets off at home & you'd have never thought I'd been out in the rain whatsoever.

this is what i had on:-
http://www.ridersdiscount.com/street-gear/raingear/10322.php
http://www.ridersdiscount.com/street-gear/raingear/10341.php

FarRider #412

Is there any such thing as a really waterprooof jacket? Yoshi2
boomer
boomer

http://www.scottspics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Is there any such thing as a really waterprooof jacket? Empty Re: Is there any such thing as a really waterprooof jacket?

Post  ClaytonFirth Wed 13 Apr 2011, 8:48 pm

Yes indeed...
http://www.motorcyclemart.com.au/p/1148462/dri-rider-scenic-jacket.html..

It would be nice if it had a few more vents, but with the volume of rain we've had in Queensland this year I don't care.
I've ridden through rain which would have had me soaked with my old jacket but didn't I've arrived at work dryer than some of the guys who drive cards....
ClaytonFirth
ClaytonFirth

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Thu 14 Apr 2011, 12:01 pm

Has anyone tried the supposedly waterproof over jackets?
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Thu 14 Apr 2011, 12:15 pm

b12mick wrote:Has anyone tried the supposedly waterproof over jackets?
Those plastic zip up ones? I've got a motodry jacket that holds out the water pretty well. My Sismic Ixon jacket has worked well over the years, but I think it's time to look for a replacement.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Thu 14 Apr 2011, 12:41 pm

Now there is waterproof and there is also make you sweat like hell between showers .Thats the problem i get .I would love a Gor-Tex jacket
but too expensive for me .If i moved to Tassie it would be a must have though.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Is there any such thing as a really waterprooof jacket? Empty waterproof jacket

Post  bruiser2310 Thu 14 Apr 2011, 2:27 pm

DRIZABONE
bruiser2310
bruiser2310

Back to top Go down

Post  boomer Thu 14 Apr 2011, 5:49 pm

b12mick wrote:Has anyone tried the supposedly waterproof over jackets?

see my earlier post - that's what they are!

FarRider #412

boomer
boomer

Back to top Go down

Post  step_andy Thu 14 Apr 2011, 8:33 pm

I managed to buy an Australia Post bright yellow jacket pants combo. It was sold without any markings from one of the adventure type stores.
Build is amazing. Zippers, vents, velcro, flaps over zips etc etc
And totally water proof. I suspect it is Gore Tex or equivalent
Paid about $150 down from 400 +

step_andy

Back to top Go down

Post  matt Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:24 am

this is what i wear fully waterproof plenty of air vents with two liners one thermal the other is the waterproof one but it not cheap but i love it i got caught in the downpour at albion park the jacket kept me dry
http://www.mcas.com.au/_product.php?section=1&prodid=11150
matt
matt

Back to top Go down

Post  2010banditsa Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:49 pm

Shit, i must be soft, i never seem to ride in the rain
2010banditsa
2010banditsa

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Fri 15 Apr 2011, 5:17 pm

Fog is evil. Evil or Very Mad
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  grahame Fri 15 Apr 2011, 7:29 pm

Have a cheap Motodry jacket does the job pretty well
grahame
grahame

Back to top Go down

Post  Pops Fri 15 Apr 2011, 9:20 pm

Sorry can't help dosen't ....kin rain here. But when it does my old Dri rider has been fine.

Red 2015 GSF 1250S
Pops
Pops

Back to top Go down

Post  boomer Fri 15 Apr 2011, 9:22 pm

grahame wrote:Have a cheap Motodry jacket does the job pretty well

i purchased a motordry the other week, but haven't taken it out in the wet yet. it wasn't that warm though Sad

FarRider #412

boomer
boomer

Back to top Go down

Post  dhula Sat 16 Apr 2011, 10:07 am

I have a motodry demon jacket that has only been spat on a few times so I'm not 100% sure if it's fully waterproof but I didn't get wet so at the moment the jury is out n that one.

I have a motodry stealth jacket for summer and I got caught in a bit of a 20 minute downpour (WA style, so doesn't really count) without the waterproof liner in it so got soaked which was a relief from the heat but I guess that doesn't really count

I have BGA pants which have been in the same watering at above plus a few more longer and heavier downpours and have stood the test so far with no squidgy nuts at the end and dry legs

But the best so far for me has been my set or rjays jacket and pants (I have the previous models tho) which have been in sustained downpours lasting 2 or so hours, hail (woops for getting caught in that) and all kind of shitty weather and only let a small amount of water in through the neck when I didn't seal it properly and a small amount on the top of my foot cause the boot leaked due to being the gear shift foot

IMO the best thing you can do for wet weather gear is put it on, go out the back and get your missus (husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, whatever) to soak you for 1/2 an hour with the hose or even stand in the shower for that long and get the material to swell up to make the seals good and tight. DO this a couple of times over a couple of days and it should all be fine

dhula

Back to top Go down

Post  stretch Sat 16 Apr 2011, 3:49 pm

I walked up to the shops today in my Motodry jacket and when i got back i cold feel the wetness coming thru!!. Thats why i bought Tiger Angel Element jacket /pants combo years ago.
Nothing keeps out torrential rain but any Gortex is the best.

stretch

Back to top Go down

Post  grumpy60 Sat 16 Apr 2011, 8:38 pm

being an old person I don't go out in the rain...but... sometimes I get caught....R Jays jacket I bought 4 years ago is a ripper ..been in downpours and stayed dry..back this up with Rainbird rain jacket and plastic pants....and go straight home.........................Grumpy jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down