Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice with buying new bike.

+5
Four40
Reardo
gus
2wheelsagain
ajs18s
9 posters

Go down

Advice with buying new bike. Empty Advice with buying new bike.

Post  ajs18s Sat 12 Mar 2011, 8:35 pm

Hi all, about to buy a new bike and first time in a long time, have settled on a new naked Bandit,hence on on this site right....
First question is should i wait till around tax time to get a better deal, as is that when the new model comes out? And after spending to much time in front of laptop looking for best price i see a big diffrence in prices, I wanted to deal with my local shop, a very reputable dealer here in Brisbane but the dearer option. Bike shops all offer better than bank finance or if i have the finance already is that going to be a better bargaining tool for me.
Cheers all and i hope this all makes sence.

Stephen...

ajs18s

Back to top Go down

Advice with buying new bike. Empty Re: Advice with buying new bike.

Post  2wheelsagain Sat 12 Mar 2011, 8:51 pm

Mate pre arranged finance is as good as cash. Dealers like cash! New model year Bandits have been arriving in AU about Sep. Who knows if that will continue?
My advice is to get the best "ride away" price you can. Get the first service thrown in and get good discount on gear and accessories. Show that to your local dealer and soo if they will match it. If you have been bugging them for some time you may already be concidered a time waster. There is only a certain amount of effort they will put in until you are ready to buy.
Show dealers you're serious and see if they will play ball.

Last edited by 2wheelsagain on Sat 12 Mar 2011, 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PDA typo!)

~ My Photography Blog Page ~
~ My YouTube Channel ~
~ Suzuki Bandits Australia Facebook Page ~
~ Half hr from the hills. Two minutes from the coast ~

~ My Bike ~
 BMW R1250RS
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  gus Sun 13 Mar 2011, 12:14 am

Cash talks especially if you wave $500 in front of them.I had a shop for 15years if i thought a deal could be done that moment,i would give them an
extra good price. Not tomorrow ,now.
I did buy my 05 Aprilia when the 06 model had hit the floor .Saved $5000 Got my 09 naked bandit for $9540 + onroad .I said ok i'll give you $9500
To my surprise he said "mate its not going to happen". Fair enough,i know a bargain when i see it.
WAVE THE MONEY. IN $50's it looks more.

Having said all that some of the prices i see on s\hand bandit $8000. ono 9000 kays makes me wonder if new is the way to go. If you like changing
your bikes ever 18 months its OUCH.
gus
gus

Back to top Go down

Post  ajs18s Sun 13 Mar 2011, 9:41 am

I dont want to get back into changing bikes every 12,18 months cost me to much years ago. Thats why im not in any hurry so i will take my time. Thats why i asked if tax time was when the new models hit the show room floor to save some $$$.
As for second hand i see so many bikes with low K's like say a 2007 Hayabusa with 5000 K's in vgc for $12000, around the price of a new bandit. I would hate to spend that kind of money on a bike and it needs money spent on it in the next 12 months, after all i told the wife im buying a bike to save money on fuel and tolls. No im not a tyre kikker or anoying bike shops. Im just not set in concrete on what to buy. Its to commute to work and maybe a fang on the weekends. I know a Busa would be an over kill just for commuting.
Cheers for your addvice all.
Stephen.

ajs18s

Back to top Go down

Post  Reardo Sun 13 Mar 2011, 10:43 am

ajs18s wrote:Thats why i asked if tax time was when the new models hit the show room floor to save some $$$.
Suzuki dealer's do do deals at tax time, but i think its more for the tax thing and not for new models.
after all i told the wife im buying a bike to save money on fuel and tolls.
So did I "no more to pay babe" Twisted Evil New pipe, COX racing radiator guard, DB screen, PC3, Gear inter w/TRE, PAIR removal kit. Laughing
I know a Busa would be an over kill just for commuting.
I'd love a Busa too, but I need my licence Laughing
But the Bandit isn't slow Cool

*HealTech Gear Indicator w/tre "Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator is needed".
*Balanced TB's. My TPS was fine, but you should check yours.
*Arrow race headers with Yoshimura TRS.
*PC3 with the supplied map and these mod got 123hp with 115nm of torque.
*Neville Lush Racing custom tune = 130hp with 125nm at the Tyre (Standard 98hp/108nm).
My youtube channel (clickhere)
Reardo
Reardo

https://www.youtube.com/user/reardo38?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  Four40 Sun 13 Mar 2011, 10:48 am

I was lucky when I bought my Bandit, Suzuki paid for on road costs. Not too sure how often they offer this but could save you a grand or so.
Four40
Four40

Back to top Go down

Post  Saikhan Sun 13 Mar 2011, 12:58 pm

Four40 wrote:I was lucky when I bought my Bandit, Suzuki paid for on road costs. Not too sure how often they offer this but could save you a grand or so.

They are doing it now, but only road bikes up to 750 cc.
Saikhan
Saikhan

Back to top Go down

Post  step_andy Sun 13 Mar 2011, 2:40 pm

ajs18s wrote: And after spending to much time in front of laptop looking for best price i see a big diffrence in prices, I wanted to deal with my local shop, a very reputable dealer here in Brisbane but the dearer option.
Stephen...

I was in a similar position when I was shopping for a Bandit 3 years ago. Local dealer was the most expensive one and would not negotiate. I ended up driving 100 km North, but it was well worth it. Saved thousands.

As gus said, instead of asking them for a price, make an offer. Say that max you can pay is XXX. Got my ABS Bandit for 10K ride away.

BTW, you will not save money by buying a bike.
Fuel, yes...tolls, yes... Insurance - no, Rego - not really, protective gear, mods, tyres, more frequent servicing, etc ...
However, you will have heap more fun

step_andy

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Mon 14 Mar 2011, 3:47 pm

Buying something like a Bandit isn't going to save you an awful lot of money. Service costs on a Bandit is similar to the service costs on a small generic Japaneese/Korean car, and depending on how you drive/ride fuel economy isn't a whole lot different either. We had an '85 Colt (1400) and around town was more economical than the Bandit. Strangely though I rode the Bandit more than I drove the car, I wonder why that was?

As for the best time to buy: End of month is always a good time to put pressure on a dealer (car or bike). They have quotas to meet and beat. If you can hold out for next years model to be released then there are good savings to be made on buying a new 'old' model. The problem with this is that these days most bike models have a 2 year run before the new one is released.

b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Ewok1958 Mon 14 Mar 2011, 4:53 pm

If you wait until the end of the financial year (ie 30Jun) you might find dealers are eager to deal, particularly if they're still holding 2010 stock. But that's some way off and I know it can be hard to wait.
When shopping for my daughter's bike, there were plenty of dealers willing to ship (ie transport) the bike to my front door. If you're happy with that arrangement, you can source a bike from further afield for a better deal.
Just on the Bandit, pre-Xmas there were two SA dealers selling brand new Bandit 1250SA Models (ie half faired with ABS) for $10,490 on the road with 3 months SA rego - that was real bloody cheap.
Ewok1958
Ewok1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down