Suzuki Bandits Australia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

seat reshaping

+3
chrisbandit
2wheelsagain
dhula
7 posters

Go down

seat - seat reshaping Empty seat reshaping

Post  dhula Mon 12 Oct 2009, 10:00 pm

Well I've been messing with my bandit seat for quite a while now.

I started with changing the height of the seat including setting the front hi and the back low. I finally set the seat back to low alround for one reason or another.

next was an airhawk which lasted me about 3 days and 2-300 kms. I personally didn't like it so got a refund.

next was a sheepy. made it cumfy but when it rained i didn't like it so struck it off the list. still have it tho and at $20 wans't too expensive.

next was 'adjusting' the standard seat

first attempt saw me using a steak knife and a potato peeler (yes you read it right) to take off the edges of the seat and make it a bit more rounded. it ended up looking like this
seat - seat reshaping 5aug2009002.th

while it made quite a difference and gave me about 150 kms before sore bum syndrome i figured it could be better so i pulled it all apart again last weekend and took to it with the belt sander and orbital sander to end up with this
seat - seat reshaping 1000494.th

early days yet but feels much better so far.

I've learned a bit doing this (I'm self taught and by no means know all the answers) so any questions ask away and i'll try to help

dhula

Back to top Go down

seat - seat reshaping Empty Re: seat reshaping

Post  2wheelsagain Tue 13 Oct 2009, 7:13 am

Good job mate. I personally like the standard shape but I supply a fair bit of my own padding.
On a US based bandit site almost everyone complained about the seat and the whinging bastards pissed me off.
It wasnt until I holidayed in the states that I realised they are spoilt for choice in everything, everywhere so if they cant get something "just right" they complain.

Anyway I'd love to see a single seat conversion. That would look hot I reckon. bounce
2wheelsagain
2wheelsagain
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU-axKVr_wDILSSK0-8GQ1A

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisbandit Tue 13 Oct 2009, 4:38 pm

I also bought a Sheepy and found it not too much of an avantage, I ended up buying a piece of high density foam from Clark Rubber and got Quick Sow to put it all together, it works really well.
chrisbandit
chrisbandit

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Tue 13 Oct 2009, 5:36 pm

I think the seats are great as they are as well..
Cameron
Cameron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruisecontrol Tue 13 Oct 2009, 7:39 pm

Put a TLs seat on mine. For some reason it is far more comfy than the stocker. Go figure...

Cruisecontrol

Back to top Go down

Post  Baz Wed 20 Jan 2010, 7:13 pm

I had a look on the suzuki USA website and find they have for sale on the accessories for a 2009 Bandit, a gel seat (US$336) and also a seat cowl (among other things). I'm wondering if I could order one from my local suzuki dealer .. and how long I might have to wait for it.
And that brings me to mention how peeved I am at the Australian Suzuki website and their support for a bandit .. accessories wise.
Baz
Baz

Back to top Go down

Post  Cameron Wed 20 Jan 2010, 8:22 pm

Baz wrote:I had a look on the suzuki USA website and find they have for sale on the accessories for a 2009 Bandit, a gel seat (US$336) and also a seat cowl (among other things). I'm wondering if I could order one from my local suzuki dealer .. and how long I might have to wait for it.
And that brings me to mention how peeved I am at the Australian Suzuki website and their support for a bandit .. accessories wise.

im the same. they dont seem to have many accessories for the bandit at all, after looking at the usa site. ive been looking at a few things. I just hope we can get them sent out here.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  b12mick Thu 21 Jan 2010, 11:53 am

I have absolutly no problem with the seat on my 02B12. On longer rides (particularly in summer) is use a sheepskin, but that's more to stop burning my arse on the seat.
b12mick
b12mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down